Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.

There is talk of a station between sandhills and town .
The freight line is further along by kirkdale station it would be further away.
There isnt any line under sandhills itself.
Might be getting mixed up with the one from edge hill to town ,its track was taken up years a go , but it got checked about 10 years a go and the engineer said it was in remarkable condition bit of flooding but structural tunnels ect were good.
This one - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_Dock_Branch ?

That one is the one in use now towards the docks at seaforth.
it can takes freight trains ( diesel), they are the long covered wagons you see coming up by Walton lane bridge
they have run a train a few years back with passengers on, with various Merseyrail, Railtrack bosses, councillors ECT on board. its no use for the new ground as its nearest station is kirkdale.
The one at edge hill i was on about , would come out by china town, i think.
As far as i know the proposed station between sandhills to town would be for the ground and the surrounding area, that was the last i heard but something else might have cropped up since as that was some years ago.
would be a lot nearer than the stations now in use to the new ground.
I am seem to remember there were tracks alongside the dock road when i was a kid in the sixties , my be dreaming it as i was so young:dodgy:

There is talk of a station between sandhills and town .
The freight line is further along by kirkdale station it would be further away.
There isnt any line under sandhills itself.
Might be getting mixed up with the one from edge hill to town ,its track was taken up years a go , but it got checked about 10 years a go and the engineer said it was in remarkable condition bit of flooding but structural tunnels ect were good.
Yeah I have read about it and it confuses me but am I right in saying it’s the like near Walton lane ? Next to the plod station ? Think the reman are trying to get one near Anfield so it would make sense from a city perspective I suppose ?

Yeah I have read about it and it confuses me but am I right in saying it’s the like near Walton lane ? Next to the plod station ? Think the reman are trying to get one near Anfield so it would make sense from a city perspective I suppose ?
Yes that's it, actually goes by cherry lane , for them , and county rd by the undertakers.
They would have to use edge hill as an interchange.

Ismailov having a job at the club is like the son of a Sunday league coach always getting to play up front every week. Shows how woefully bad the club is run.
Some how Billionaires don't make too many bad decisions - or they wouldn't be Billionaires.

But yes, we're probably not the best run Club, I'll give you that.
Or he's been working at Finch Farm and The Liver Building to cast a subtle eye over who does what and do they do it properly? If not, do they need replacing or additional help?

I'd imagine if his uncle is thinking about coming on board he'll bring a sizeable broom with him.

All idle speculation of course, but it seems that's the way the wind is blowing.
I feel the above is more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.