USA and South America Market Growth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Cazoo are intending to branch out into South America? From what I can tell they are UK based only. Suspect if James is a success we would be able to secure a bigger sponsorship deal next time.

I personally think we’ll have a break if we need to, like with SportPesa, if we grow drastically in size we can double our sponsorship, then I’m sure we will.

Exciting potential here I reckon.

Yes, get that lizard on our sleeves

7FE3BB4E-6604-4326-829D-8FFF7C278504.jpeg

The problem with marketing in places like Colombia is the same as Thailand or Indonesia. They all love football, but can't afford to pay UK prices for an official shirt. Why would they pay Everton 60 quid for a shirt when they can get a knock off from the markets for 5?
We can certainly do a lot more in the marketing side to get our name known, but I really don't see much scope to make money out of it.
More fans around the world, more clicks, more pennies

Colombian fans in the U.S is a pretty big market that will buy jerseys

Also like another poster mentioned, Colombians tend to be pretty "gucci" meaning they will buy the authentic stuff

The problem with marketing in places like Colombia is the same as Thailand or Indonesia. They all love football, but can't afford to pay UK prices for an official shirt. Why would they pay Everton 60 quid for a shirt when they can get a knock off from the markets for 5?
We can certainly do a lot more in the marketing side to get our name known, but I really don't see much scope to make money out of it.

Thought I’d replied to this at the time.

Went round asia last Christmas. Cambodia, all major towns had pictures of Man City plastered all over the place, the people.... had brand new official Liverpool shirts on.

Thailand, it would be a shock if I didn’t see a Liverpool shirt in some form turning into each street. Yes there were fake items, but there was so much real clothing.

They may not have the money, but the mentality is always to be with what’s “in”.

Liverpool are very much “in” right now. Everton with South American post boy James Rodriguez, well I think we’d be very much “in”.

Status
Not open for further replies.