Unai Emery

Status
Not open for further replies.
My concern is his English is terrible and he would have huge trouble motivating a squad who can barely understand him. No doubting that he's a good manager.

My concern is his English is terrible and he would have huge trouble motivating a squad who can barely understand him. No doubting that he's a good manager.
My flawless plan is to keep big Dunc as second in command who will just shout at them before every game and if we are losing at half time then he is given permission to throttle anyone .

No, so a manager who’s failed in this league with a club we’re trying to compete with, is good enough for us? No - shouldn’t be even considered!

Failed in this league, really lol? He came 5th in the premier league and 2nd in the Europa league in his first season in this league which would be pretty damn great for Everton especially when you add to it the fact that in the last 5 years he has won 3 Europa leagues, 3 other Trophies and 1 league title whereas we haven't won anything at all for 25 years.

That Arsenal team is almost as bad as ours honestly. Were it not for Lacazette and Aubyang they’d probably have struggled last season with mediocrity as we have.

Is Emery at fault for the struggle this year the same way Marco was? Probably. Does that mean he is the wrong manager? I’m not sure. I don’t think they have the depth to cope with cups, European competition and the league when their starting 11 is proper poo to begin with. People have figured them out like City has been figured out a bit this year.

If a manager was doing well with his team, then he would not be available. The vast majority of available managers we are looking at have been sacked for one reason or another.
Good luck getting a manger who is currently doing a stellar job at a club. We have been down that road.
Remember, a lot of people (mostly Moshiri) thought Silva was doing a great job with Watford, and so pursued him. Same for Koeman at Southampton.
My point is, whoever we get, he will likely have a recent black mark on his CV.

As for Emry, I just do not know. It could be a culture thing. Maybe he belongs in Spain. Maybe the PL is not for him. He is like one of those job candidates who has impressive qualifications, but you are not sure if he is a fit for your company.

Failed in this league, really lol? He came 5th in the premier league and 2nd in the Europa league in his first season in this league which would be pretty damn great for Everton especially when you add to it the fact that in the last 5 years he has won 3 Europa leagues, 3 other Trophies and 1 league title whereas we haven't won anything at all for 25 years.
Whats funny is people saying this guy failed, while our last managers greatest Premier League moment was winning 8 Watford games. im not saying he is the man, but cant hold this seasons Arsenal against him as they have at least as much of a basket case squad as we have

Status
Not open for further replies.