Unai Emery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know someone who has worked at the club for years (all I can say is that she hears a lot of stuff from the top and is usually correct)

Anyway, Emery and Vitor are the two main candidates. Majority of suits and more importantly Moshiri - want Emery. We’re talking to him today.
Brands as well?

I know someone who has worked at the club for years (all I can say is that she hears a lot of stuff from the top and is usually correct)

Anyway, Emery and Vitor are the two main candidates. Majority of suits and more importantly Moshiri - want Emery. We’re talking to him today.
@orly next manager index

????????

Got a better pedigree than our other recent managers arguably. Didn't go well at Arsenal, but should that automatically rule him out?

It does for me only because you could judge his work just like Silva's at Everton
- he had a massive job to follow Wenger, but he didn't even begin to create a style and tactical approach. LIke with us and Silva, even for 2 years or so they had mixed results during a massive transition, you would hope for a clue of his playing style, tactics and we didn't see any of that. On top of that, apparently his communication was not very good

It does for me only because you could judge his work just like Silva's at Everton
- he had a massive job to follow Wenger, but he didn't even begin to create a style and tactical approach. LIke with us and Silva, even for 2 years or so they had mixed results during a massive transition, you would hope for a clue of his playing style, tactics and we didn't see any of that. On top of that, apparently his communication was not very good

I must admit, from what I've seen of Arsenal they always seemed a it disjointed or lacking cohesion.

Part of me wonders if it is personell. Trying g to integrate some egos / underperformers (who you can't shift) with his own signings can't be easy. But again, Silva had the same issues here.

I must admit, from what I've seen of Arsenal they always seemed a it disjointed or lacking cohesion.

Part of me wonders if it is personell. Trying g to integrate some egos / underperformers (who you can't shift) with his own signings can't be easy. But again, Silva had the same issues here.

Yeah that's what I mean - it was a similar job in some ways, though probably easier at Arsenal because of all the resources and better young players.

To be fair, his stock which was so high following his Europa cup successes has dwindled somewhat with time.
It’s relatively important that a manager can bring with him a strong sense of associated success and at the moment he has the sense of a manager on the way down.
I’d be happy to take a chance on him but his particular albatross is the poor away record of his teams .
Not as exciting an appointment as he would have been a few years ago , but far better than many of the names on the various shortlists knocking about.

Not my first choice, but if we decide not to hire we rate because he failed in a different set up (which by all accounts in an absolute snake pit) is a sign of weakness then we're lost. The board have to have trust in their judgement when they see the candidate they want.

Also he's boss at freezing out underperforming number 10s.
you've won me over

Just seems strange that people can say no to him like we have better options available to us. He did well last season at Arsenal so I can’t say he has been poor overall.
Emery clearly is a good manager but I don't think he was a good fit at Arsenal but then I am not sure who would be.
Arsenal has been a big club over the last twenty years and that was down to Wenger. I believe they have fans who demand a title challenge but an owner who won't fund it . They have some very good players but are ordinary in other areas. I think their best bet is a top four finish and that is by no means certain.

Emery clearly did not get the players he wanted last summer and has some players there costing a fortune like Ozil who just seems to be happy to pick up his salary and do little else while at the same time they made no effort to keep Ramsey... a strange club.

Status
Not open for further replies.