Unai Emery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read this people then go directly to bed, do not pass go, do not collect 200$.

I know someone who has worked at the club for years (all I can say is that she hears a lot of stuff from the top and is usually correct)

Anyway, Emery and Vitor are the two main candidates. Majority of suits and more importantly Moshiri - want Emery. We’re talking to him today.

I don't want him personally but I can see why we want him, His CV pre Arsenal is really really good and when I think about Arsenal's team (mostly defense) It's absolutely cack, I'd support him if he came but I think it sends the wrong messages if we hired him after he did so poorly with them, We were 2 points behind them yesterday and look how dreadful we consider this season currently.

Are people saying no to him just for the 10 games this season or just overall.
People are saying no because that is what people on here do....
Six months ago he would have been at the top of the wishlist of most people but now after a terribly difficult time at a difficult club he is deemed not good enough for us.

I don't want him personally but I can see why we want him, His CV pre Arsenal is really really good and when I think about Arsenal's team (mostly defense) It's absolutely cack, I'd support him if he came but I think it sends the wrong messages if we hired him after he did so poorly with them, We were 2 points behind them yesterday and look how dreadful we consider this season currently.

Not my first choice, but if we decide not to hire we rate because he failed in a different set up (which by all accounts in an absolute snake pit) is a sign of weakness then we're lost. The board have to have trust in their judgement when they see the candidate they want.

Also he's boss at freezing out underperforming number 10s.

People are saying no because that is what people on here do....
Six months ago he would have been at the top of the wishlist of most people but now after a terribly difficult time at a difficult club he is deemed not good enough for us.
Just seems strange that people can say no to him like we have better options available to us. He did well last season at Arsenal so I can’t say he has been poor overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.