Unai Emery

Status
Not open for further replies.
To take a rare glass half full approach, if Emery has been sounded out and remains in contention, he's a much better back-up option than the likes of Moyes.

I would worry after what I saw at Arsenal, but as far as last resorts go, I could live with him.

To take a rare glass half full approach, if Emery has been sounded out and remains in contention, he's a much better back-up option than the likes of Moyes.

I would worry after what I saw at Arsenal, but as far as last resorts go, I could live with him.
Thats daft. Played the same tactics as Silva!

3 x Europa League (4x finalist), 1 x Ligue 1, 2 x Coupe de France, 2 x Coupe de la Ligue winner

Or

1 x Community Shield winner

I know who’s the overwhelming logical choice there.

I have not watched a press conference from the last guy because I couldn’t understand him and had no personality, I can’t take another one

On another note he was awful at Arsenal

3 x Europa League (4x finalist), 1 x Ligue 1, 2 x Coupe de France, 2 x Coupe de la Ligue winner

Or

1 x Community Shield winner

I know who’s the overwhelming logical choice there.
So he failed to win the French league with Arab-funded Paris Saint Germain? In addition to choking in the Champions League with a four goal margin?

‘“The return of winter.” “The Parisian wreck.” “Unspeakable.” “A huge mess.” “The height of disillusionment.” The Parisian papers and France’s leading sports dailies were unsparing in their assessment of Paris Saint-Germain’s incredible 6-1 defeat by Barcelona. Conceding three goals in the final 10 minutes was a dismal end to the French side’s Champions League campaign, but to do it having secured a seemingly insurmountable first-leg lead was indeed unspeakable.’

Cant get two things out of my head with this fella.
Defence is already crap. You put david luiz as your last line. Suicide.
And the whole letting players pick the captain saga. Very bizare and smacks of a weak manager.

So he failed to win the French league with Arab-funded Paris Saint Germain? In addition to choking in the Champions League with a three goal margin?

‘“The return of winter.” “The Parisian wreck.” “Unspeakable.” “A huge mess.” “The height of disillusionment.” The Parisian papers and France’s leading sports dailies were unsparing in their assessment of Paris Saint-Germain’s incredible 6-1 defeat by Barcelona. Conceding three goals in the final 10 minutes was a dismal end to the French side’s Champions League campaign, but to do it having secured a seemingly insurmountable first-leg lead was indeed unspeakable.’
Was it as bad as losing 3-0 at home to a relegated Wigan side in a quarterfinal?

Thats daft. Played the same tactics as Silva!
Key difference for me is that he's enjoyed success in a genuine top league, and has a great pedigree in the European competition that Everton could realistically qualify for in the coming years.

Massive reservations over the fact that he had the worst centre-backs in the division performing elaborate passing routines, as well as his failure to bullet the worst midfielder in the league in Xhaka (yes, even worse than Scheiderlin), who he also allowed to be voted captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.