Unai Emery

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Arsenal team was very poor apart from that front line. In fact, they aren’t that different from us. We have excellent wingers/fullbacks but lack in every other area.

Would he have been a better choice than Silva? Absolutely. Would he be the best option out there? I’m not so sure. Arsenal had higher ambitions than us though, so we have to take that into account. They made it to Europa and we didn’t.

Was always going to be a poison chalice I thought the Gunners job. Same as the Man U job after the same Manager for so long.
He‘s a better Manager than what he showed at Arsenal. My concern would be I think he went a whole season without winning away in Spain. I think it was him

Decline? They sacked him when they where top of their Europa league, and two points off fifth. Where the finished last season?
league position was waning though and lost the dressing room. I'm sure he is a talented but could he be for us? Still a open question for me. Best they may do is battle for the fourth Champions league place way off the pace points wise.

league position was waning though and lost the dressing room. I'm sure he is a talented but could he be for us? Still a open question for me.
It’s still an open question for me but sooner him than that fella in China, he seems like another Marco Silva to me. From what little there is to go on anyway

Mans won more trophies than all of our last 5 managers put together but ok that’s football

Cant knock him for the europa league wins. They def had that thing as their own for 3 years.
Domestic trophies in france with PSG. Not to win them with PSG would take some doing.
So reading between the lines. He was great at sevilla in the europa league. Not so much in the league. Before that he was sacked at spartak moscow. The PSG thing just covered it. And sacked at arsenal.
Take away the cups at sevilla and he's not been that impressive. More importantly i think this season showed how quickly he was losing that arsenal dressing room. I mean letting the players choose the captain. Whats all that about.

Cant knock him for the europa league wins. They def had that thing as their own for 3 years.
Domestic trophies in france with PSG. Not to win them with PSG would take some doing.
So reading between the lines. He was great at sevilla in the europa league. Not so much in the league. Before that he was sacked at spartak moscow. The PSG thing just covered it. And sacked at arsenal.
Take away the cups at sevilla and he's not been that impressive. More importantly i think this season showed how quickly he was losing that arsenal dressing room. I mean letting the players choose the captain. Whats all that about.
I personally think he a brilliant manager, not sure he would fit in or be a success for us though sadly.

Regardless of his success in previous jobs, he just doesn’t play the right style for EFC. We need high energy.

Got sacked from Arsenal so that’s means he’s not good enough for us...but Jose got sacked from United and people were creaming themselves thinking he would come to us..

Status
Not open for further replies.