Unai Emery

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't really "fail" at PSG. He didn't win the champions league. Something they have never won.

I rate him still but I don't want him because some of our fans are seemingly against him already.

We really need someone who the majority want and those who are not sure are at least willing to give him a go. Gallardo seems to be the only realistic candidate who ticks that box and that's because he is an unknown quantity to many.

IMHO, we need a dominant character who can steer a rudderless ship.

Emery doesn’t strike me as being a strong character. I don’t know anything about Gallardo. Maybe that Bielsa could do it?

The obvious choice to me would be Benitez. Proven world class manager who’s available & would come.

Emery doesn’t strike me as being a strong character. I don’t know anything about Gallardo. Maybe that Bielsa could do it?

The obvious choice to me would be Benitez. Proven world class manager who’s available & would come.
I know what you mean but benitez isn't available, he's managing a club already

Benitez is an awful, awful choice. Not been successful for a fair amount of time, got Newcastle relegated the first time he was in a relegation battle, is tied to a massive contract so wouldn't come cheap and more importantly than anything else he is far too divisive. We need a manager the majority can get behind, he would be doomed from the start and would get zero leeway from our fans if we start to go on a bad run. (Which we would) On paper it makes sense but in reality it would be a disaster. He would turn from our Spanish Saviour to Fat Spanish Waiter in no time.

Bielsa is intriguing but he is a bit of a knob. Would be a massive risk but an interesting one. I suppose anyone is a risk in our current predicament.

I mean you could say that Emery is a proven world class manager, he has won more than Benitez...

I don't want him anywhere near this club to be honest I just don't have a good feeling about him. He seems to be more comfortable at a club that doesn't need rebuilding like ours.

Benitez is an awful, awful choice. Not been successful for a fair amount of time, got Newcastle relegated the first time he was in a relegation battle, is tied to a massive contract so wouldn't come cheap and more importantly than anything else he is far too divisive. We need a manager the majority can get behind, he would be doomed from the start and would get zero leeway from our fans if we start to go on a bad run. On paper it makes sense but in reality it would be a disaster.

Bielsa is intriguing but he is a bit of a knob. Would be a massive risk but an interesting one. I suppose anyone is a risk in our current predicament.

I mean you could say that Emery is a proven world class manager, he has won more than Benitez...

Steve bruce is currently doing a better job than benitez. Something that seems to have been brushed under the carpet.

They got to the final. People sayin he was a total joke are wrong.
Agree if you remember before he went to Arsenal most of us wanted him, if you take this quarter of the season out we would all be going no chance him coming here. I’m not saying he is the one but he is a good Coach he has the honours to back it.

Status
Not open for further replies.