Unai Emery

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a manager to come in who is as close to a 'no-brainer' as possible. Too many of our recent managers have come with 'caveats' at best, and serious questions at worst. His Arsenal tenure for me is quite a large caveat.

Reactions: Sy-

We need a manager to come in who is as close to a 'no-brainer' as possible. Too many of our recent managers have come with 'caveats' at best, and serious questions at worst. His Arsenal tenure for me is quite a large caveat.

That type of manager wouldn’t touch us let’s be honest. We are not attractive to the very best and even if we did convince them through money etc as we’ve seen with Koeman there’s a danger that they’re not 100% committed and that passes to the players. We’d have to get a lucky circumstance like Newcastle did with Benitez that he wanted to be near a certain location so was happy to drop down a level. But the ‘sure things’ like Conte Mourinho Guardiola etc. just simply would not be passionate about the Everton job.

4 Europa league titles is not to be sniffed at but not sure he would be a good fit.

Is his English good enough to be a success ? Load of Arsenal fans I know saying his selections were baffling as well as how he set his teams up to play

Exactly my point. If he has said I want Player X, then Y Then Z, the board come back with player Z, what else can he do? We don't know what the set up is 100% at Arsenal but they've had problems with awful recruitment for years. Only thing they have got right is the strikers and even then they aren't the partnership you would expect them to be.

I am not saying Emery will come in and will turn Michael Keane into a world beater, but its worth noting that it's not as simple as a manager saying he wants player X and actually getting them. There was no way Luiz was their first choice, no way whatsoever but clearly a last resort after his primary targets were unattainable or outpriced / rejected.

Emery is one of the proven models of the benefits of having a DOF as well. More focus on coaching and tactics, DoF works together to bring in quality. Which in theory should be a good fit for us. His success stories have come with clubs similar to us rather than clubs like Arsenal, PSG (even though he still won trophies).
It was perfectly clear during the summer transfer window that Emery was not getting the players he wanted. Arsenal made a complete mess of the window. His primary target was Zaha who wanted to go to Arsenal but they would not pay the money and then went and paid it for Pepe afterwards, They lost Koscielny and only replaced him with Luiz at the last moment. Iwobi was sold just to finance the Pepe deal.

4 Europa league titles is not to be sniffed at but not sure he would be a good fit.

Is his English good enough to be a success ? Load of Arsenal fans I know saying his selections were baffling as well as how he set his teams up to play

When they played away at anfield this season they were laughing at him in the studio. He went 3 in the middle and they just went ok beautiful. We will destroy you going wide. Liverpools fullbacks thought christmas had come early.
Thats the emery i have seen for years.
Sacked at spartak moscow.
Fantastic home side seville. Awful away.
Psg lets face it he was brought in for the champions league. Failed.
Sacked at arsenal.
I hope there is nothing in this. Didnt think id be on here today regarding emery. Absolute no no from me.

No thanks. I was afraid we would do this. His erratic decisions, treatment of some players and in game management and not to dissimilar from Silva. No no no.

Status
Not open for further replies.