TRIP TO LIVERPOOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it tough to get tickets to non-PL grounds and matches?

Most of them you can turn up and pay on the day. Very very few lower league games sell out. If buying in advance you typically have to register online with them, but don’t have to become a member or anything. Only trouble you might run into is if it’s a derby - I.e. Huddersfield (or anyone in Yorkshire) vs Leeds. Most of them require prior purchase history to avoid local Leeds fans buying tickets and sitting in the wrong end.

Are there any local grounds I should DEFINITELY check out? As an American, I'm used to driving a ton, so heading up to Blackburn or Preston wouldn't be a problem, that type of thing.

as some have already said would be good to pick a week with cup fixtures, so you could do a goodison game on either Saturday/sunday along with a say lower league team game ( wigan/Blackburn/Bolton ) and then do the same again a few days later in the cup

Normally use to plan my summer trip to the UK for the last week of August, so it includes the summer bank holiday monday. On the monday you guaranteed there's a full programme in the national league. Don't know if you fancy that though. Personally had some of the best days at that level.

Also normally there's a cup competion being played over that period. Used to be the League Cup, but changed that to the Football League Trophy for the last few years. Again, not sure if you're up for that level of football, but if it's grounds you want, I'd concentrate on the fixture list for these dates.
Yes good to do a mixture of levels, non league footy is a great day out. Loads to chose from in the North West too. Avoid CoL FC and AFC Liverpoo as they're fake new clubs trying to be trendy, but the rest are sound. Prescot Cables, Southport, Marine or Bootle depending on who's at home.

I have targeted Saturday 23 November vs Norwich as my first trip to Goodison. It doesn't seem as if that's a game that would be moved by TV. I'll be reading this thread with interest to find out what to do/not do, perhaps arrange to meet for a pint, and also to receive my share of hostility, mockery, etc as a Yank. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I have targeted Saturday 23 November vs Burnley as my first trip to Goodison. It doesn't seem as if that's a game that would be moved by TV. I'll be reading this thread with interest to find out what to do/not do, perhaps arrange to meet for a pint, and also to receive my share of hostility, mockery, etc as a Yank. Thanks in advance.
Burnley at home has been on the telly last 2 seasons I'm fairly sure..

Members - I recognize this isn't entirely Everton related, but I was planning on gracing you with my presence at some point in the fall. I've been to Liverpool, but not to a live match at Goodison. Regardless, I was hoping to turn this into a greater trip. Would love to attend a bunch of matches at different venues both small and larger over a 3-4 day period around the Liverpool/Manchester/other area. Any suggestions? The current fixture dates all simple have every match on Saturday, obviously that will change with Caribou Cup and other competition scheduling, but any idea when those changes start to come out?

Any advice would be appreciated.

CRIM

The Christmas and New Year's holidays give you multiple games in a tight time frame, plus wonderful weather

Members - I recognize this isn't entirely Everton related, but I was planning on gracing you with my presence at some point in the fall. I've been to Liverpool, but not to a live match at Goodison. Regardless, I was hoping to turn this into a greater trip. Would love to attend a bunch of matches at different venues both small and larger over a 3-4 day period around the Liverpool/Manchester/other area. Any suggestions? The current fixture dates all simple have every match on Saturday, obviously that will change with Caribou Cup and other competition scheduling, but any idea when those changes start to come out?

Any advice would be appreciated.

CRIM
Be guided by the dates TV picks their fixtures then fill your boots.

I’m targeting Watford in August and if Man City v Spurs moves to Sunday as I am guessing then I’ll do that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.