Trevor Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was one of my favourite players in the 80s. He lives in Dubai now (or did recently). I met him in a bar in Doha when he was doing work for Bein Sports and he stopped to chat to me for about 15 minutes. He came across as a genuinely nice fella.

What a player he was. Could hit pin point crosses with either foot and brilliant in the air. Great partnership with Gary Stevens on the right.

The most under appreciated of all our players in that era.

Pure and utter class, week in week out throughout his whole career. 8-9/10 every single week.

Worked his ass off and had balls of steel in the big games, relished them like all our players in that era.

Very sad we do so little research into a players character these days before buying them. We end up with gutless, leaderless, wage earners.

I know what you mean,we knew how good he was but as usual the rest of the country didn't,Waddle was fawned over by the London/National media whilst Tricky was hysterically to me anyhow thought of as more "workmanlike",I couldn't believe it when they were both sold around the same time with Waddle going to Marseille for around 4.5 million whilst Tricky went to Rangers for 1.5 million,I know who I would pick every time......Tricky Trev:)

What a great player he was
it was a sad day when the fans turned on him when he wanted to leave imagine that though wanting to go play in that Scottish league how times have changed

We really were blessed with that team for those of us lucky enough to have been matchgoers back then. Loved every single one of them.
As for this current lot........only Baines and. Coleman will be fondly thought of in years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.