Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Juventus defender Angelo Ogbonna is flying in to hold talks with West Ham as they close in on a move to bring him to Upton Park. (Daily Fail)

Get him on a flight to JL Airport Bobby when hes done

Just want to applaud the admins ... Going forward think this will be so much better having just one transfer page .....the cb that Martinez wants will be seen as a back up to jags and stones ... Would evens not be ideal for this and also help educate both browning /Galloway . Didn't Ferguson once refer to Evens as his mister dependable ??
Behave....hes muck amd injured as muh as Gibson

Reports linking Suarez from Atletico to Inter and Shaqiri to Atletico doing the rounds. Would make sense if they lose Arda Turan too.

galloway and browning have never played at centre back for us at senior level, bit worried about them doing that as such an important position and i cant see baines or coleman playing centre back! i suppose barry could play there at a push...i think we need 4 senior(or at leaset somewhat experienced) centre backs myself...
Hibbo? based on his massive experience in European football.

We probably put in less crosses than Liverpool. If he joined us now he could take his spot next to Lukaku standing there in the box watching Barry and McCarthy take 10 minutes to play one forward ball.

You're doing Benteke a great disservice there, people just label him a targetman because he's a big guy but he has plenty of strings to his bow aside from that, would fit in to our side the way Martinez wants us playing way better than Lukaku

The level of expectation can only be applied once compared to what others have also done. In relative terms if we haven't improved our squad as much as others have done or will do, then we have gone backwards in our chance of hitting the top spots.

Maybe the expectation instead is that we should see better quality and more entertaining football.

teams can look like their strengthening more than us by buying these fancy dan foreign names - but we see so many highly rated foreigners come here and flop massively. good luck recuperating your losses on that front. time will tell.

But we buy a lot differently to most around us as a general rule anyway. So on paper we probably won't stack up that well. On a pitch we are a different prospect.

I'm not making excuses for not spending money but we've benefitted from a more organic approach in the past.

I agree, I absolutely shudder when I see some of the daft transfer fees being agreed and I'm almost glad we are out of it for the most part.

teams can look like their strengthening more than us by buying these fancy dan foreign names - but we see so many highly rated foreigners come here and flop massively. good luck recuperating your losses on that front. time will tell.

Spurs already seem to have started a clearout of the players bought with the Bale money. Didn't take long.

Yeah it's not like last summer when we took ages to start making moves and the pressure was on. Martinez has done two smart deals early doors in the shape of Cleverley and Deulofeu, so he can afford to take his time with getting the center half and playmaker that he appears to want. Especially if he suspects someone like Mirallas might move on and swell our transfer kitty later in the window.

*sigh* the two threads idea was a good one, except of course this is the internet, so it was never going to work.

How about keeping the credible links thread pinned and locked, and if the mods see anything in this thread that looks good they post it in there?

Then we have a moderated summary of the latest, done by trained professionals. Or experienced amateurs. Or power mad ... Yeah, let's go with trained pros.

I agree, I absolutely shudder when I see some of the daft transfer fees being agreed and I'm almost glad we are out of it for the most part.
We've had to spend very smart most of the time. And it has its upsides. There's a spirit in the side and a cohesion that some teams just don't have. If we can slowly increase the quality or let the younger players develop together then we have a side that can compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.