Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's not like last summer when we took ages to start making moves and the pressure was on. Martinez has done two smart deals early doors in the shape of Cleverley and Deulofeu, so he can afford to take his time with getting the center half and playmaker that he appears to want. Especially if he suspects someone like Mirallas might move on and swell our transfer kitty later in the window.
Generally agree with you and FTY about less chance of more early signings. That is probably OK for the back up CB as they will have some time to settle in as long as Jags and Stones don't get injured in pre-Season. However the need for a creative midfielder is somewhat more time critical... unless as others have suggested Martinez believes he has already bought the #10.... :-(

*sigh* the two threads idea was a good one, except of course this is the internet, so it was never going to work.

How about keeping the credible links thread pinned and locked, and if the mods see anything in this thread that looks good they post it in there?

Then we have a moderated summary of the latest, done by trained professionals. Or experienced amateurs. Or power mad ... Yeah, let's go with trained pros.

Our mods are boss but even for them that mess was too much. You just cant hold back 30,000 idiots posting jargy stuff yo.

We are like a herd of mad bulls running about

galloway and browning have never played at centre back for us at senior level, bit worried about them doing that as such an important position and i cant see baines or coleman playing centre back! i suppose barry could play there at a push...i think we need 4 senior(or at leaset somewhat experienced) centre backs myself...

i would agree as well. but hey, i'm not a football manager - galloway may be the real deal like stones is and just fit straight in like a seasoned professional. stones is still young himself and will make mistakes though - i'd rather we had two more centre backs around the late 20's age who are also good. quite a lot of wages considering the lack of competitions we would be in i suppose.

i would agree as well. but hey, i'm not a football manager - galloway may be the real deal like stones is and just fit straight in like a seasoned professional. stones is still young himself and will make mistakes though - i'd rather we had two more centre backs around the late 20's age who are also good. quite a lot of wages considering the lack of competitions we would be in i suppose.

i think its a gamble martinez will go with, poss also gambling at not having a back up for coleman...he has to gamble in some areas i guess

To the person suggesting we need 4 senior centre backs.. no. No we don't.

If were gonna do that then we might as well wave goodbye to Galloway and Browning right now. If ever there is a time for youth it's when they are called upon when needed. The time for them to cease their chance in the team. 3 senior centre backs and 2 young guns is a perfect mix. Otherwise the senior players get fed up with lack of game time anyway and the youth will feel like they stand no chance!

If were gonna do that then we might as well wave goodbye to Galloway and Browning right now. If ever there is a time for youth it's when they are called upon when needed. The time for them to cease their chance in the team. 3 senior centre backs and 2 young guns is a perfect mix. Otherwise the senior players get fed up with lack of game time anyway and the youth will feel like they stand no chance!

hey! that person was me!

i agree with to an extent, but it worries me a bit....but as i said earlier maybe a gamble we need to take

Yup, this. This all day long !!

umm we could just send them out on loan. the perfect time for them is when we have europe to contend with as well and they can get guaranteed starts.

A jarg blog Spurs I know but an indication to what Spurs fans think the current status of any McCarthy bid is.
http://threeandin.com/tottenham-wont-sign-everton-king-pin/?
Though Ross Barkley and Romelu Lukaku grab all the headlines in the media, down on Merseyside McCarthy is widely regarded as Everton’s king-pin and – with 3 years left on his current deal – The Blues are not in a postion were they need to sell.
It would take a big bid – we’re talking £20-£25 million – to even tempt Martinez’s hand and, while I’m certain McCarthy would improve Mauricio Pochettino’s squad, I’m not so sure Spurs are that desperate for yet another central midfield player.
The prospect of two or three players switching clubs simaltaneously is always going to be an exciting one. Unfortunately, it almost never happens. Chalk this one down to lazy journalism.

Rumour Rating: DEAD IN THE WATER

so...who's the third senior CB? Jags, Stones....? Distin and Alcaraz are gone, cant think of any others..?

Anyone think there will be no more movement in the market until the TV money comes into the accounts? So thats a month maybe more, and we will see a few targets go elsewhere because of it?

umm we could just send them out on loan. the perfect time for them is when we have europe to contend with as well and they can get guaranteed starts.

But we don't have Euro and they are at an age when they want to start contributing to Everton and not going out on more and more loans. There are cup games and then there is the need if they are called upon. I expect them to take their opportunity. Otherwise they won't ever make it here. You can't keep holding players back saying no were not in Europe so there's no game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.