Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not a priority now though surely? We have Deulofeu, McGeady and Mirallas as right wing options, whilst Pienaar, Oviedo, Cleverley and Osman can all cover the left midfield role.

Hardly struggling for options out wide.

We are struggling badly though for options at centre half, striker and play maker.

We clearly haven't got money dropping out of our rear end so I'd be pretty cheesed off if he ignored those positions and then went and spent 5+ million on another right winger!

If he does that then he's seriously lost the plot.
I agree, but i'd also like to point out that Howard is turbogash and needs replacing too.

So GK, CB, ST, Playmaker.
4 signings needed...i can't see it happening, even though we've just had the biggest tv deal in history.

For the price Spurs would want for Lennon I can't help but feel there would be a better version of him elsewhere for the same price.

I don't know who though.
Diego Perotti perhaps? Watford had a 7M bid accepted for him. Napoli are heavy linked though.

He's not a priority now though surely? We have Deulofeu, McGeady and Mirallas as right wing options, whilst Pienaar, Oviedo, Cleverley and Osman can all cover the left midfield role.

Hardly struggling for options out wide.

We are struggling badly though for options at centre half, striker and play maker.

We clearly haven't got money dropping out of our rear end so I'd be pretty cheesed off if he ignored those positions and then went and spent 5+ million on another right winger!

If he does that then he's seriously lost the plot.

This only works if Mirallas stays, which he probably won't. sell McGeady, get Lennon for me, no brainer.

Don't know a thing about him mate. But he's called Diego so now I want him.
I liked him at Sevilla and he's getting some good reviews in Serie A. A decent winger who could play as a "10" as well. Could be worth a punt, certainly miles better than Irish Messi.

I thought that our wages to turnover had dropped to 59% in the last accounts and will drop even lower with the even greater amounts of TV money on the way.
We are financially hamstrung compared to City, Chelsea and Utd, but ironically we are probably in a better financial situation than the club has ever been since the days of John Moores...all due to tv money and nothing to do with anything in particular that the club itself has done.
that is correct. however it has increased (as impending accounts will, I postulate, reveal) in the 2015 year by another 6% (on static revenue). And yes we are, prima facie, on better financial footing than we have been in years. But that is not a competitive advantage; all the PL teams are on currently sounder footings.
And think of the TV money as a mass sugar rush....and, going forward beyond the 5 year sugar high, the non sugar daddy clubs should heed well fiscal prudence and avoid living beyond their (temporary sugar 'high' ) means. Financial reality is a bitch with a lot of gravity. Ask Greece

Last edited:
Nah they're being much smarter in the transfer market this season and LVG has a tendency to do much better after his first season, got a feeling they'll be a good bet for the title this season especially if they either keep DDG or replace him with someone top like Lloris
They will loose DDG but they will more than likely get Lloris so not a huge loss. I still think it looks like a Galacticos team. A lot of big names, no actual team. Maybe I'm just trying to be positive because I can't see us coming close to Arsenal, City or Chelsea.

If Mcgeady stays then the signing 2 players comment doesn't look too bad as assuming one is CB cover we have a chance of the other being that elusive creative midfielder we are craving.

Although it's depressing knowing we go into the season with not only Howard in goal but also Kone as our back up striker to Rom. Regarding Lennon the more you think about it the more you think he won't be returning, I can't see the lad being happy to be sat on the bench otherwise he would just stay at Spurs.

this is correct. however it has increased (as impending accounts will, I postulate, reveal) in the 2015 year by another 6% (on static revenue). And yes we are, prima facie, on better financial footing than we have been in years. But that is not a competitive advantage; all the PL teams are on currently sounder footings.
And think of the TV money as a mass sugar rush....and, going forward beyond the 5 year sugar high, the non sugar daddy clubs should heed well fiscal prudence and avoid living beyond their (temporary sugar 'high' ) means. Financial reality is a bitch with a lot of gravity. Ask Greece
Do you seem to know our accounts. Is there not a chance that they are bringing our wage bill down and not spending on transfers because they need to use the money for a stadium? Surely the debt is not an issue at the moment since most of it is long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.