Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that our wages to turnover had dropped to 59% in the last accounts and will drop even lower with the even greater amounts of TV money on the way.
We are financially hamstrung compared to City, Chelsea and Utd, but ironically we are probably in a better financial situation than the club has ever been since the days of John Moores...all due to tv money and nothing to do with anything in particular that the club itself has done.
Agree. I'm not sure where these supposed financial issues are coming from. I thought we were down to 50% wages with the new deal..

I think most agree we need 3 players. A cover center half who can at the least push stones and jag for their places. A proven decent striker because we have only 1 and most teams challenging for anything have 3. A number 10 if possible but we won't have the cash for a striker and number 10 so I m in for a striker and hopefully barkley can do something off the front man because where else is our great hope gonna fit in. We wint need a At the end of it we will only get a
I'd swerve Lennon now we've got Deulofeu. Martinez says he wants to strengthen in two areas.

Centre half is obviously one, is right wing the other that needs strengthening?

I'd be amazed if he ignored a "number 10" and striker and strengthens the right wing when he's just brought Deulofeu to play there!

McGeady doesn't sound like he's going anywhere anytime soon either.

Ok he's not popular, but he's still a right wing option.

Another right winger is surely not on the agenda for strengthening.

Ya we won't need another winger as it looks like mcgeady is staying. We very rarely play with 2 out and out wingers anyway as Roberto seems to think Osman or naismith out wide fits his system better. We also still have pienaar. So if mirrallas stays that's 3 wingers for 1 to start and 1 to be brought on with 15 mins to go. That's the way he works it.

Bet we won't get a number 10. They too pricey for any bit of decent gear and decent gear want to play champs league.

We do need a front man. Kone has nothing . Might have been alright number of years back but injury has finished him greatest waste of 6 million ever.

We will get a center half. Hopefully we won't spend our budget on that as I would only see him as cover. He's not going to drop our captain and Stones deserves to start and will only improve with experience.

Anybody have any idea how much we have supposed in the kitty

Kin disgusting really that next to no money is available given that we're in the top 20 richest clubs in the entire world. Sick.

I'd swerve Lennon now we've got Deulofeu. Martinez says he wants to strengthen in two areas.

Centre half is obviously one, is right wing the other that needs strengthening?

I'd be amazed if he ignored a "number 10" and striker and strengthens the right wing when he's just brought Deulofeu to play there!

McGeady doesn't sound like he's going anywhere anytime soon either.

Ok he's not popular, but he's still a right wing option.

Another right winger is surely not on the agenda for strengthening.

i disagree, Lennon offers something different, pace and ability to beat people with it. It was what we were sorely lacking last season.

He is a good option for the right hand side and certainly a better one than McGeady whom I would be flogging and replacing him with Lennon.

I think most agree we need 3 players. A cover center half who can at the least push stones and jag for their places. A proven decent striker because we have only 1 and most teams challenging for anything have 3. A number 10 if possible ...
... Anybody have any idea how much we have supposed in the kitty

Four! Four £!

For the price Spurs would want for Lennon I can't help but feel there would be a better version of him elsewhere for the same price.

I don't know who though.

Typical of the crazyness on here..

Because were not throwing money about its the club/kenrights/Martinez's fault. weve got a very very good first team already, strengthened with Cleverly and Deleufueueueue.. Much better than westham, newcastle, stoke, villa etc.. We were hindered by Europe last season as we expected to be.

Jesus. We've still 6-7 weeks of the window left?

We know we will be top 5-6 again this year..
We know we will be top 5-6 again this year?? Do we?

Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Liverpool, United, Spurs will all be above us.

For the price Spurs would want for Lennon I can't help but feel there would be a better version of him elsewhere for the same price.

I don't know who though.
How do we know what they want for him though, roberto already rubbished the 8 million that was flaoting round the press.

If Lennon forces it through shouldnt be too much or we might wait til Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.