Transfer Tales

Status
Not open for further replies.
We offered triple the wages Liverpool did too. Imagine trying that these days.
Did we not do that for Ryan Babel as well? I remember at the time reading that we offered more money transfer wise but he was sold to them for less.

Might have been tabloid bullock s though that one

Not paying the extra 500k for Robbie Keane pre champions league qualifier against Villarreal was daft and was typical kenwright at that time
Wasn't it that summer window, that Bellamy verbally agreed to join us when he was in his prime, then he met moyes and upon hearing how he wanted to play changed his mind.

What was the reason we never signed him then? If my memory is wrong then I would like the real reason.

We tried to change the terms of the payment at the last minute. We said the medical found issues with his knee but he passed it.

We already knew about his knee as they had provided his medical records and scans from his recent operation. We was fully aware of the condition of his knee before the medical but tried to use it to change the terms of payment.

We tried to change the terms of the payment at the last minute. We said the medical found issues with his knee but he passed it.

We already knew about his knee as they had provided his medical records and scans from his recent operation. We was fully aware of the condition of his knee before the medical but tried to use it to change the terms of payment.
Then that is even worse negotiation than him failing it!

Jesus, the same people who did that are the ones in charge of our transfer committee now.

Was that the same window where we pathetically tried to sign negredo in the last few days of the window with about a hundred installments to do so.

I was barely born at the time, but I've read that the Leeds board was all ready to sell us Bremner, but Revie found out about it and threatened to resign. This would have been the very early 60s, before Leeds became Leeds. I don't know anything about Dalglish apart from a friend at school in the late 70s telling me that Bingham was very keen on him until he saw Jim Pearson play and decided he had more potential. Along similar lines, although not as tragic, Gordon Lee wanted both Sharp and Rush but could only afford one of them and decided on Sharp. Can hardly call that a mistake, of course, but think what else we would have won if Rush hadn't signed for them.
When he went to look Rush over in person, he was playing out of position, and had a poor game was the story doing the rounds at the time.

Some recent disasters have been down to our Dinamic Duo of Elstone & Blue Bill.

Ogbonna turning us down for West Ham "i would like to thank Everton and Mr Kenwright very much, they have been real gentlemen"

Sam Byrham pretty much agreeing terms with us and instead of getting him signed, we trust him to sign then he buggers off to West Ham

Moussa Sissokho not picking up his phone as Bill is trying to call as he has agreed that he will sign, all the time he is off to Spurs

Axel Witsel, agrees to sign, yeah sure Axel enjoy your holiday, just sign when you come back................he doesn't come back

I see abit of a patern devolping here and i know probably all of them are blessings in disguise, but why are we so trusting? i would be like "sign now" and lock them in the room stuff.

Similar to Rom agreeing to sign a new contract, the second he says that, you get him to sign, dont give him time to dilly dally and change his mind, because you want to make a big song and dance about it. Get it done right there

Status
Not open for further replies.