Transfer Tales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sending Nigel Martyn to Park Hampers to meet Agent Johnson - kept waiting while the turkey's were dispatched so carried on up the M62 to join Leeds - signed for us seven years too late. Some wait that.

Or, giving Nyarko a five year deal when his work permit was for four. Everton have truly mastered this transfer mularky thing.
Didn't we do very similar with Craig Bellamy ?
He was about to sign and we kept him waiting and he walked off.

All too young to remember we didn't get Billy Bremner or a young Kenny Dalglish.. the 1970s would have been a whole lot different with Dalglish in the side.

But you probably remember Martin Dahlin who ended up at Blackburn. And who could possibly forget the Joao Moutinho saga with the attendant price arguments.

ravanelli with kenwright singing italian love songs below his hotel window with an ukelele trying to get the deal over the line. quite a sight

All too young to remember we didn't get Billy Bremner or a young Kenny Dalglish.. the 1970s would have been a whole lot different with Dalglish in the side.

But you probably remember Martin Dahlin who ended up at Blackburn. And who could possibly forget the Joao Moutinho saga with the attendant price arguments.

I was barely born at the time, but I've read that the Leeds board was all ready to sell us Bremner, but Revie found out about it and threatened to resign. This would have been the very early 60s, before Leeds became Leeds. I don't know anything about Dalglish apart from a friend at school in the late 70s telling me that Bingham was very keen on him until he saw Jim Pearson play and decided he had more potential. Along similar lines, although not as tragic, Gordon Lee wanted both Sharp and Rush but could only afford one of them and decided on Sharp. Can hardly call that a mistake, of course, but think what else we would have won if Rush hadn't signed for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.