Transfer Tales

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackyboy

Player Valuation: £35m
Transfers, transfers, transfers

No sooner has the season ended, than we are all well aboard the transfer frenzy of another “massive summer”. As mentioned earlier I thought a thread like this, might be a welcome tonic to footy manager line-ups from the box room in your Mum’s and people talking about “Kenwrong” and “Suntan Bob” screwing it all up Again.

Thought this could be a thread for;

· Transfers you were surprised we managed to get over the line (Andy Johnson seemed to take ages)

· Transfers you couldn’t believe we bothered with (Plenty of these, Pistone a highlight)

· Failed ITK shouts (Insert 1 of 2932390574 here, “Look to the Seaside”)

· Great ITK shouts (Mirallas is literally one of the only ones I remember)

· Any other transfer dealings/mishaps from days gone by

Given the undoubted quality of the player and how he performed for us, the signing of Peter Beardsley has to be up there in the 'surprised we got it over the line' category.

Yeah, bit before my time but I believe he was ace for us tbf. Still couldn't believe we got Gravesen back after he left Celtic. Think it was after Manuel Fernandes had pied us off.

My favourite saga by far was Manny Fernandes. The fume and downright disbelief when he was pictured holding up a Valencia shirt was unreal

Sending Nigel Martyn to Park Hampers to meet Agent Johnson - kept waiting while the turkey's were dispatched so carried on up the M62 to join Leeds - signed for us seven years too late. Some wait that.

Or, giving Nyarko a five year deal when his work permit was for four. Everton have truly mastered this transfer mularky thing.

Great ITK or GOT moments:

Mirallas - think this was davidmoyes who just dropped the name and said it was done
Vadis Ofoe - think an ITK tipped us off and we ended up not processing papers in time for the deadline
Lukaku - tracking his flight when he posted a pic of him being up for the next step of his career

The N'Zogbia thread.

Man that was incredible had to be one of the biggest player threads ever on here and then the fume when he didn't sign was something else.

Choose not getting the paperwork through for Michael Madar on time
or bidding for Alan Shearer after he'd virtually signed for Newcastle.

Choose the actual payment structure of the shearer deal, having Sean Davies at Goodison, with the street end singing his name, only for it to fall through

Choose Ravanelli and his 15 agents

Choose Muller and his 20 agents wanting a tax free payday

Choose Riquelme being a cash point in West Derby village

Choose Everton

Choose piss poor transfer dealings

Status
Not open for further replies.