Tottenham vs Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with all of you Vic needed to be pulled ten minutes before he did. Jags came in a gave us a instant lift and solidified our midfield. Jags will be the heir apparent for Cars who had another great game. I just love the options we may have to come off the bench.

It is just me, or does Cars get younger each season? He was everywhere yesterday, and his defensive assistance both left and central in the second half was instrumental in shutting them down.

Cars and Ossie sure, but Stubsy??? Did you not see the strike pull away from him like he was standing still? Stubs is on the field because Baines isn't.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy and was very happy for him when he scored and root for him to do well but... this is business.

He is the senior member of the squad and while we have called him in the past let us recognise now that he is giving excellent service reminiscent of Dave Watson and he was a true blue.

Stubbs is there because he's a rock, not because Baines is injured. I actually think Stubbs is going to play an important role this season.

What Stubbs give us is of very high value.. he gives stability and experience to our defence... I do however think he will play less and less as the season goes on since Moyes will want to make the pairing Yobo-Lescott time to get to know eachother for the coming season.. since Stubbs is getting up in age.

stubbs and cars are like vintage wine, they have become better with age. enjoy their performances whilst you can because no one lasts forever and currently they are writing themselves into the goodison greats column.

Man it's great to have squad issues because you've got a bit too much as opposed to not enough isnt it?

Agreed with Carsley. That DM spot is his and the only thing that'll get him out of the lineup is injury. I hope that doesn't happen.

stubbs and cars are like vintage wine, they have become better with age. enjoy their performances whilst you can because no one lasts forever and currently they are writing themselves into the goodison greats column.

at times Suits you are a blue bard;)

Top of the League.

I can see riding the crest of this wave for a while yet if we build on that season-defining performance; brilliant.
COYB. Let's take them Berkshire boys apart!

Status
Not open for further replies.