Match Thread Tottenham vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shambles.

I actually thought we started ok, but two terrible individual errors at the back and we crumbled. More than crumbled. Disintegrated like a cracker in water.

That back four is absolutely Championship standard, I am still bewildered as to why we have signed who we have signed and not addressed the glaring lack of quality at centre half.

Said it before and I'll say it again, Michael Keane will relegate this club. Holdgate is at best a versatile squad player for a premier league team, certainly not a starter. Feel sorry for Seamus, but his pace has disappeared. Dominic Calvert Lewin, coming back for an injury or not, was an absolute statue yesterday. There will be some big clubs who look at his work off the ball and have serious second thoughts about investing. etc. etc.

Midfield were poor yesterday, but think they were just following bad advice. Think the tactics from Frank were naive. Spurs have struggled this year to break teams down who have been solid defensively and looked to nick goals at set pieces or on the break. Very surprised that we went to Pep them off the park with a high press, which leaves Kane with the freedom of the centre-circle to dictate play and feed the runners off him. Stop that and you stop them, for some reason we let em have it.

Only positive is Tony Gords. We've got a real player on our hands there, looks better with every game. Gave Sessegnon a torrid time in that first half

Terrible mate, old people being evacuated from houses and being forced to walk miles with bullets and mortars flying over them. I'm done having my mood affected by Everton.
You're spot on fella, many much worse things to get upset about in the world currently than a bunch of over paid millionaires half arsing it on a footy pitch wearing the royal blue jersey

It's still a proper kick in the knackers and just very frustrating how bad this Everton side is though isn't it?

I am so tired of them and their lack of fight, mentalality and professionalism - I hope Lampard is also, they are everything he wasn't as a player.

What makes this worse, is that we actually started well and after 10 minutes I was convinced we were in for a good night! How quickly that all changed! Concede a goal, heads drop and the players just seemed to give up.

Mentally so so weak.

couldn't make it home in time from work to watch the match, the good news being we usually play better when I don't watch......oh so much for that.

What makes this worse, is that we actually started well and after 10 minutes I was convinced we were in for a good night! How quickly that all changed! Concede a goal, heads drop and the players just seemed to give up.

Mentally so so weak.
I thought the same but we seemed to play into their hands time and again.

You're spot on fella, many much worse things to get upset about in the world currently than a bunch of over paid millionaires half arsing it on a footy pitch wearing the royal blue jersey

It's still a proper kick in the knackers and just very frustrating how bad this Everton side is though isn't it?

I am so tired of them and their lack of fight, mentalality and professionalism - I hope Lampard is also, they are everything he wasn't as a player.
Imperative we finish 17th, I honestly feel Lampard will weed out the bad ones.

The defence is like the parting of the Red Sea. But you've got to question the midfield for not closing down quick enough and allowing the player on the ball so much time to play the man in. I could have made some of those passes.

Desperately need a sports psychologist to rebuild these snowflakes broken brains - they are beaten as soon as the slightest little thing goes pearshaped.

Should spend a fortune on the best available.

Status
Not open for further replies.