Match Thread Tottenham vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How far off is Godfrey from a return? It's definitely time for the Godfrey / Branthwaite centre back partnership. To carry on with Keane and Holgate is definite relegation.

I'm prepared to give Kenny some time on the right and bring Mykelenko in.
Godfrey? He was dire before his injury

5A645981-C26F-4C17-A2D6-DC19C0BE26C0.jpeg

Worse than Keane / Holgate?
Certainly not worse than Keane, that’s not possible. He was poor like a lot of others. A couple of months back a lot of lads thought it was our injuries that were the issue and that when we were full strength again we’d get out of trouble. A lot hinged on the likes of DCL. How’d that work out? As I see it the big loss is Mina, but even if he had played we still would have shipped 3 or 4.

Here we are, 1 in the afternoon of the day following that display of ineptitude and I'm only now getting round to saying anything.

Only Anthony Gordon is worthy of any praise here. He covered every blade of grass on the pitch and gave his all for the team, but he was the only one even trying. He saved a certain goal by Son in the first half by running back from the Spurs half and kicking the ball off Son's foot back to Pickford while the brothers grim (Keane and Holgate) stood there with their hands in their pockets. The only action we got from our defensive back line was an own goal by Keane. Kane must have been wearing his Cloak of Invisibility because he managed to walk around the pitch seemingly unnoticed by any of our players. A performance to erase from my memory forever. Never let this game be mentioned again. (SHUDDER)

I did not watch one second of the game but, in the absence of Crab Iwobi as an option, I've plumped for Concrete Holgate as my MotM. Hard as nails is Concrete, a Vinnie Jones-type player. Him and Snail Keane are a remarkable CB pairing. Seamus and the French lad (Digne?) are the two preeminent fullbacks in Europe, so I am unsurprised our back four posed so many problems for Spurs' attackers. Having not watched any of our brave lionhearts' games for over two years, I am perhaps not best qualified to speak on the qualities of our midfield, but I did recently see shots from some magazine's photo spread which had Eton Dom dressed in a cute blouse...they made me very proud to be an Evertonian.

To any Spurs fans reading.
I wouldn't get your hopes up because of a 5-0 drubbing.
I'm tempted to say that was like a training session for Spurs. However, with Conte as manager, I'd be willing to bet their training sessions are far more challenging.

Status
Not open for further replies.