Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please vote at least once for Yerry and Moise - I feel bad for them in what was one of the best, all round TEAM performances Ive seen for a long time!

some other stuff he did was not so good... including missing an absolute sitter.
That he created by himself through sheer determination, drive, awareness and pace.
Not the only person to miss good chances in that game, but if it was anyone else, the defender gets the ball and no one thinks twice about it realistically even being a chance to begin with.

When you say 'Some other things', what else do you think he did wrong?

Personally I thought he was excellent baring not getting a goal.
Decent shots, good runs, bags of energy, dangerous all game, showed for the ball, could of had an assist and a hat trick, tricky, strong and just so damn quick... And that's on top of that list posted.
I feel like I have missed something though, as a few have come across as quite negative of his game.

He was outstanding. The only issue was the lack of a goal and I think the miss in the first half made him a bit more selfish and maybe more determined to right the miss. Having said that, he was brilliant on the left, his hold up play and winning of free kicks was brilliant, he’s maturing into a really top level forward. I thought he would be gone by now but he’s integral to what we do and how we play. Brilliant in the air, possesses the right level of snide and to top it off he comes across with great humility and as an all round nice guy - rarely passes the kids when they would have been able to queue for autographs etc.

Regarding the team in general, its hard not to be optimistic after that performance. There were quite a few comments from other supporters saying Allan was done but it certainly didn’t look anything like that. Square pegs in square holes and quality at that!

He was outstanding. The only issue was the lack of a goal and I think the miss in the first half made him a bit more selfish and maybe more determined to right the miss. Having said that, he was brilliant on the left, his hold up play and winning of free kicks was brilliant, he’s maturing into a really top level forward. I thought he would be gone by now but he’s integral to what we do and how we play. Brilliant in the air, possesses the right level of snide and to top it off he comes across with great humility and as an all round nice guy - rarely passes the kids when they would have been able to queue for autographs etc.

Regarding the team in general, its hard not to be optimistic after that performance. There were quite a few comments from other supporters saying Allan was done but it certainly didn’t look anything like that. Square pegs in square holes and quality at that!

Yeh, his improvement over the last 12 months, both with the ball and just in a mature sense is amazing.
I imagine if we keep getting the calibre of player we just have he will be happy to hang around too.

Mourinho harping on about 4 yards is just sour grapes if it had been the other way and Spurs scoring he would have kept his gob shut.

They stole about 10 with every throw in they had (as do most teams) and he never mentioned that. Very sour grapes and he got roasted on the radio post match by a few pundits and he was adeptly referred to as a cheque book manager. Spurs seem to have made a few bad choices and had some bad luck lately and appointing Mourinho could end up being catastrophic

Status
Not open for further replies.