Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh, his improvement over the last 12 months, both with the ball and just in a mature sense is amazing.
I imagine if we keep getting the calibre of player we just have he will be happy to hang around too.

Yes mate, it’s definitely the case that Carlo and Brands have been able to build on the good players at the club already and have added Allan, Doucouré and James which certainly looks to have put the overall level up. However the most impressive thing has been the improvement of DCL, Michael Keane and Richarlison (amongst others) as well as the tactical play. No more heavy reliance on constantly getting the ball wide and crossing. At the weekend the team looked dangerous from set pieces, through balls, cutting in from either flank and shots from distance. This all adds to the much more secure defensive unit which allowed the maligned Coleman and Mina to excel.

please don’t be another false dawn Everton....

And did I make ANY predictions?
I was also vocal before our 6-2 win at Goodison but I didn't make any comment after the game.
In fairness no. It was mainly about the quality of the signings we'd both made.

But regardless of that, I'm sure there aren't many football forums around the country like this one, in that we welcome fans of other clubs to join in the banter, provided you don't start taking the piss and respect our club of course.

And given that we'd just out performed your boys and won at your place for the first time since god knows when, it would have been nice if you had just come on here and said well done lads, you fully deserved that. We shouldn't have had to bait you into it.

Yes mate, it’s definitely the case that Carlo and Brands have been able to build on the good players at the club already and have added Allan, Doucouré and James which certainly looks to have put the overall level up. However the most impressive thing has been the improvement of DCL, Michael Keane and Richarlison (amongst others) as well as the tactical play. No more heavy reliance on constantly getting the ball wide and crossing. At the weekend the team looked dangerous from set pieces, through balls, cutting in from either flank and shots from distance. This all adds to the much more secure defensive unit which allowed the maligned Coleman and Mina to excel.

You know it....

On the football front, we were actually playing fluid football for the first time since Bobbys first year

In fairness no. It was mainly about the quality of the signings we'd both made.

But regardless of that, I'm sure there aren't many football forums around the country like this one, in that we welcome fans of other clubs to join in the banter, provided you don't start taking the piss and respect our club of course.

And given that we'd just out performed your boys and won at your place for the first time since god knows when, it would have been nice if you had just come on here and said well done lads, you fully deserved that. We shouldn't have had to bait you into it.

You was trying to take the pi55 by saying how vocal I was before the game but I correctly pointed out that I've never commented about a Spurs Everton game but you couldn't just accept the truth and accept that fact and now you come out with this, hahahaha, you're a comedian.
Guess how many out of the hundreds on here said to me "Well Done" after we beat you 6-2.
Yep, NONE and neither would I have expected someone to say it. LOL.

You was trying to take the pi55 by saying how vocal I was before the game but I correctly pointed out that I've never commented about a Spurs Everton game but you couldn't just accept the truth and accept that fact and now you come out with this, hahahaha, you're a comedian.
Guess how many out of the hundreds on here said to me "Well Done" after we beat you 6-2.

you said it to me lad. I just forgot to pass on the message. Soz

It's an Everton fan forum not a Spurs one lad. There are a number of Spurs fans who are regular posters on here, of which you are by far the most confrontational and argumentative by the way. Supporters of other clubs are allowed on here by the moderators, are given a lot of leeway and are only censured if they really start taking the piss. I can't imagine any other club (including Spurs) forums offering the same level of participation to Everton fans. In fact I'd be shocked if any did.

I'm not a comedian and I'm not taking the piss. I'm quite serious when I say that it would have been a nice touch had you or any of your mates come on here and said a genuine well done. Especially given that it's been so long since we have beaten you, especially away from home. I would most certainly have done had the roles been reversed.

I am a tad disappointed as I said, and also a little bit embarrassed at my naivety to think that you personally would be capable of such a class act. I won't be making that mistake again.

Screenshot_20200915-203421.jpg

Reminds me when we bought a trillion number 10s and the media were saying similar things then; "new era", "new look midfield" but the wasn't anything on the pitch to suggest it to be true back then. This time feels quite different and you have to give credit to the board for getting Ancelotti in and backing him but the hard work begins now.

It's an Everton fan forum not a Spurs one lad. There are a number of Spurs fans who are regular posters on here, of which you are by far the most confrontational and argumentative by the way. Supporters of other clubs are allowed on here by the moderators, are given a lot of leeway and are only censured if they really start taking the piss. I can't imagine any other club (including Spurs) forums offering the same level of participation to Everton fans. In fact I'd be shocked if any did.

I'm not a comedian and I'm not taking the piss. I'm quite serious when I say that it would have been a nice touch had you or any of your mates come on here and said a genuine well done. Especially given that it's been so long since we have beaten you, especially away from home. I would most certainly have done had the roles been reversed.

I am a tad disappointed as I said, and also a little bit embarrassed at my naivety to think that you personally would be capable of such a class act. I won't be making that mistake again.

I’m a tad disappointed I missed your post saying “Well Done” after our 6-2 win but that was a real classy thing for you to have done.

As for my posting style and the mods on here.
The only thing the mods have pulled me up on, is just like here now, it’s me sticking up for myself by repreplying to someone digging me out off topic.
The mods have never had a problem with anything I’ve written but judging by your whining, may I suggest you put me on ignore ;).

P.S. If your goal was to get me to reply in the hope that I get suspended, Well Done Mr Class Act, you May well have succeeded?

I’m a tad disappointed I missed your post saying “Well Done” after our 6-2 win but that was a real classy thing for you to have done.

As for my posting style and the mods on here.
The only thing the mods have pulled me up on, is just like this, me sticking up for myself by repreplying to someone off topic.
They have never had a problem with anything I’ve written but judging by your whining, may I suggest you put me on ignore ;).

P.S. If your goal was to get me to reply in the hope that I get suspended, Well Done Mr Class Act, you May well have succeeded?

I did say before the game that Spurs are a nothing club and we would win at a canter.

Bow to our might while you pay back your debts.

I did say before the game that Spurs are a nothing club and we would win at a canter.

Bow to our might while you pay back your debts.

Talking about having dignity/class. As I’ve never commented after any of Tottenham’s wins it’s posts like this that show I’m not the one lacking ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.