Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we all can agree that while we were very good yesterday Spurs were poor. However they are/were a Top 6 team that appeared in a European Cup final recently, that requires a moment’s thought, we went away from home and out played them, 1-0 wasn’t a true reflection of the game.
Our glee at our start has to be tempered by the thought that we were capable of some good games and then followed those up with really poor displays. I don’t think Allan will allow that to happen now, he is a fearless player and a fearless competitor who won’t permit others to slack. With the help of Doucouré he will drive Everton on. I really believe that Gomes will now thrive as he has these two working with him and not two stationary objects working against him.
Pickford - played well and had two great saves. Can he now do this week in week out? Realistically he is going to continue to make mistakes, hopefully there will be less of these and given we have a midfield that can create his mistakes won’t be so critical;
Coleman - he is a good player, getting on in years but he still has a part to play. I have a concern that as James does his thing going forward Seamus may get exposed. This may be a weak link for teams to get at us. Not sure JJK is any better;
Digne - no issues
Mina - I have concerns if he is paired with Keane but happier if he is with Holgate. However having a better screen in front of him will help greatly;
Keane - I have an issue if he is paired with Mina etc. ;
midfield - no question marks here provided we can keep them playing, getting Gbamin back could be a major bonus as is Gordon;
James - just keep playing;
DCL - still not convinced he has enough goals in him but yesterday‘s header has started to allay my fears, if he can be more clinical he could become a top class centre forward; and
Richarlison - I think he was trying too hard yesterday to show the new signings that he was still the big dog at Goodison, once he settles himself he will thrive of the service.

Of course the above is covered by the normal Everton health notice “it is the hope that kills you“.

Lol narrative of how poor Spurs were being pushed hard in media. We made them look poor.

If we signed Hojberg I imagine we might not have signed Allan. Near miss I reckon.
It always seems to be the narrative that it was the opposition that was off the pace for "reasons" rather than Everton playing well.

Mourinho's fume about the placement of the free kick was something to behold though. As if he doesn't coach his players into pinching a few metres whenever possible lollollol.

Welcome back after your time away ;)

Not been anywhere and straight after the game yesterday, in
"Today's Football Thread" I congratulated Death on his Everon v Spurs bet.

Cos I sometimes play devils advocate on here I fully understand some of you taking pleasure "Taking the mick" but cos I know how hard defeats are hard to take, in all the years I've been on here I've never once made a comment after a Spurs win.
I think the friendly banter I do on here is fine but as I'm a guest on here I have never once made a comment after a Spurs win and I think after the big one at your place 18 months ago, I purposely didn't post for a while.
You're all more than welcome to search the previous match threads between the two teams.

Last edited:

Against Salford start with Walcott, Sigurdson, Kean, Bernard, Davies Branthwaite and Kenny.

Pickford
Kenny
Keane
Branthwaite
Digne
Walcott
Davies
Sigurdsson
Bernard
Kean
DCL

Then look to get DCL and Digne off as early as possible (roll Delph off the injury table and force him onto the pitch if necessary). We have an important league game just three days later.

Tell Davies and Sigurdsson "this is the lowest ranked domestic opposition you're ever likely to face as an Everton player, forget last season, if you can't put a performance in here you're going to struggle to see much game time this season".

Yep! ...Like your logic there regarding Siggy and Tom....

Regards.

Jack

Attachments

• B58382FA-CA82-4B28-BD1A-7412F08531F5.jpeg
    B58382FA-CA82-4B28-BD1A-7412F08531F5.jpeg
    56.9 KB · Views: 55

Status
Not open for further replies.