Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not know if clubs speak to each other but perhaps we should give them the draw they need if they leave Gomes out of their future plans. I think that Champions League is more important than any one player. Or perhaps we should go there win 3. O and show Gomes that the Blues will give him a better future than he would have at Spurs.
second plan please.

Gomes will sit and watch the team he's playing for next season, but which one?

After yesterday's turn of events I think this will be a bore-fest. Which I am more than happy to accept.

Especially if by some miracle things go our way on Wednesday.

Spurs' Champions League place is now secure.

Wednesday will be a tough game against Ajax, with the odds swinging against them. Win or lose, for them Sunday will be an anticlimax.

Another good performance will see us get a win in the new stadium. Nearly best of the rest.

Spurs' Champions League place is now secure.

Wednesday will be a tough game against Ajax, with the odds swinging against them. Win or lose, for them Sunday will be an anticlimax.

Another good performance will see us get a win in the new stadium. Nearly best of the rest.

Surely it is a dead rubber game for you as well?

Spurs are a busted flush, they've brought in no players that have improved them significantly in about two years.

They won't be in the top 6 next season. Vault me.

I'd be inclined to try Gomes, Siggy and Schniderlin as the midfield three here.

Spurs have financed their fantastic new stadium and moved in. At the same time, they have finished in the top four and reached the semi-final of the Europa League. Next season, they can afford to increase their spending on wages and new players.

Schneiderlin has certainly looked a better player recently, but Gomes and Gana are a complementary pair.

Spurs have financed their fantastic new stadium and moved in. At the same time, they have finished in the top four and reached the semi-final of the Europa League. Next season, they can afford to increase their spending on wages and new players.

Schneiderlin has certainly looked a better player recently, but Gomes and Gana are a complementary pair.

Champions League please ;)

Surely it is a dead rubber game for you as well?

I dint think so...I reckon this Everton team are a really good side who’ve learnt a lot from that Fulham game where they thought they only had to turn up to win.

After the finish we’ve had, all the top teams we’ve beaten without conceding to, a win away at Spurs will be a big springboard for next season as well as a selling point to potential new signings.

If you’d have been chasing 4th I thought you’d have had your hands full with this current Everton side and I think we’ll have a right go at you as some players play for there future.

It’s exciting times to be here. Against the grain of most in this forum, I think we’re a really good side now and if we add wisely in the summer, which I trust Brands to do, we’ll put up a serious top 3 or 4 challenge next year.

I dint think so...I reckon this Everton team are a really good side who’ve learnt a lot from that Fulham game where they thought they only had to turn up to win.

After the finish we’ve had, all the top teams we’ve beaten without conceding to, a win away at Spurs will be a big springboard for next season as well as a selling point to potential new signings.

If you’d have been chasing 4th I thought you’d have had your hands full with this current Everton side and I think we’ll have a right go at you as some players play for there future.

It’s exciting times to be here. Against the grain of most in this forum, I think we’re a really good side now and if we add wisely in the summer, which I trust Brands to do, we’ll put up a serious top 3 or 4 challenge next year.
From your lips lad...

I'll take

1. Spurs
2. Everton
3. City
4. Man U
5. CFC
6. RS
7. Woolwich.

Next season.

I think we can all agree that after a very poor patch - Everton 2 Spurs 6, remember - we have finished the season strongly. We should certainly be able to put up a better fight for seventh place. And Wolves will be caught up in the Europa League next season.

We could even narrow the gap between the top six and the rest, especially if Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United don't improve squads and their teamwork. And the top six have to compete in Europe too. We just need Calvert-Lewin to start scoring a few goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.