Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One game at a time now.
Burnley next.
They had away wins at liverfool and arsenal few weeks back.
Held leicester and arsenal to 1-1 draws last time out but got hammered last away fixture 4-0 to spurs.
If we win things can change fast.

The more teams I the mix the better as it means they will take points off each other. I think there is 7 teams fighting for 3 positions although I think United are all but there and Chelsea are likely to be 3rd. So that leaves us, Leicester, West Ham, Spurs and RS for the last place. Leicester are slight favourites because they have points on the board but they probably have the hardest run in. Hopefully United and Chelsea still need points to be sure or they might get an easier last 3 than hoped. I rule Villa out as they just don't have enough quality even with the games on hand. They could get top 7 if other clubs prioritise other competitions. Arsenal's chances were slim anyways but they were extinguished when they drew with Burnley they potentially have the first leg of EL SF the Thursday after we play them so hopefully they rest players against us.

In an ideal world we needed a couple more signings in January but I guess the pandemic and the lack of sales of fringe players made it impossible.

I don’t think this squad is a million miles away. A good RB and some pace and power in CM and out wide and we’ll be very competitive next season. Just have to keep our best players.
The squad is miles away. The team is close. Whichever way you look at it our points tally outweighs our performances season to date. It will be almost impossible to make top 4 if we're relying on clean sheets and scoring 1 of the 2 chances we get every game. I'd be more than happy with any Euro competition next year

Weird one cus after we won them 3 on the bounce I thought we were right in the mix, and that the Chelsea game was just an expected loss™️ and a free hit, but since then it’s felt completely gone, not sure why. Think this weekend is key for EL hopes though, heavily dependant on other results

We might grind out a victory tomorrow but after hearing about Doucoure now and that JRod is going to be out until April we will be doing well to finish 6th.

The squad is miles away. The team is close. Whichever way you look at it our points tally outweighs our performances season to date. It will be almost impossible to make top 4 if we're relying on clean sheets and scoring 1 of the 2 chances we get every game. I'd be more than happy with any Euro competition next year
I think the squad isn’t too bad but agree it’s not too 4 standard - GKs are okay, we have 4 (5 if you count Branthwaite) decent CB options, we need a RB and we need to revamp the midfield and forward options but that can be addressed.

I think top 4 was always a long shot this year even with the summer signings. You don’t go from bottom half of the table to top 4 overnight (unless you are Leicester). If we get EL this year then it’s been a good season I think.

We might grind out a victory tomorrow but after hearing about Doucoure now and that JRod is going to be out until April we will be doing well to finish 6th.
Definitely going to be hard going. James’ quality is what we need in tight games. Here’s hoping whoever plays step up and deliver.

Definitely going to be hard going. James’ quality is what we need in tight games. Here’s hoping whoever plays step up and deliver.
adam+ant.jpg

Hopefully the Burnley game is the only league game he will miss unless the Villa game is rearranged at really short notice. They just need to manage his minutes in the 9 league games. Hopefully Sigurdsson is fit and they can alternate starting and sub.

I think the squad isn’t too bad but agree it’s not too 4 standard - GKs are okay, we have 4 (5 if you count Branthwaite) decent CB options, we need a RB and we need to revamp the midfield and forward options but that can be addressed.

I think top 4 was always a long shot this year even with the summer signings. You don’t go from bottom half of the table to top 4 overnight (unless you are Leicester). If we get EL this year then it’s been a good season I think.

The team that finished 17th in 2003/2004 who then lost their star player over the summer then finished 4th by grinding out a lot of narrow victories. This is still very much on its just going to be more difficult.

We need to beat Burnley. One week at a time .
West ham play United, arsenal have spurs , the rs go to wolves. Get our 3 points and we will stay in the mix and gain ground or extend our lead over others .
Chelsea play Leeds today and Leeds are a funny team who might turn up and rip Chelsea apart. We need to win today

Chelsea play Leeds today and Leeds are a funny team who might turn up and rip Chelsea apart. We need to win today
It would be massive for us if Leeds win, would give us the chance to wipe out Monday nights result. In reality tho, Leeds are all wrong for Chelsea. They will get picked off, can see them scoring 4 goals tbh

Chances of 4th are less than 10% currently. But the possibility is there still.
I seen that and the RS are 20% chance, yet they need to make up 7 points, could be 10 behind 4th before they play. Complete load of rubbish that % thing

Status
Not open for further replies.