Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. The biggest case of that being the RS. Top at Christmas but totally collapsed since. Despite that they’re still only 3 points behind us and have enough quality to go on a winning streak. If that happens sooner rather than later, they’re not totally out of the top 4 either,

Let’s just take it game by game and review where we are after the next few games. It could be back on again, or we could have blown it. Who knows?

As others have said, top 4 was never really on the agenda this season anyway. So we’re way ahead of schedule.

At the start of the season I said the realistic target was top 6 and a SF in a cup if draw was kind. I also thought if the stars aligned we could make top 4 and win a cup. Both look difficult now but both are still possible. Minimum requirement was top 8 and a QF we have achieved one part times 2 and probably only need another 14 points to guarantee top 8. It changes every week as there is normally at least one surprising result a week.

3 good league games to bounce back with. I don't think we will get top 4 but wouldn't be surprised to see us back in the mix over the next couple of weeks.
Still plenty of winnable games it's a strange season so who knows
Think we all would have taken it at the beginning of the season to be in the mix for top 4 with a dozen or so games left to play

That was a poor poor game. But the fact they’re where they are means they’re a decent team. Worse results against Fulham have cost us, along with handing Newcastle six points! That’s been our downfall

They’ve done well this season no doubt. Just hard to take that we lost that game to them and is one of the reasons they sit near us.

Think we all would have taken it at the beginning of the season to be in the mix for top 4 with a dozen or so games left to play
I think Chelsea are kicking on, so the team we would have to get past is Leicester who are 7 points clear, but we have a game in hand. Just can’t see it. West Ham are also a real threat. They have an easier run in.
To be honest, Spurs are finding form right now and looking at the table, we could easily finish as low as ninth, but only be a point or two off fourth.

There are winnable games, but I think k our run in is the hardest.

I think Chelsea are kicking on, so the team we would have to get past is Leicester who are 7 points clear, but we have a game in hand. Just can’t see it. West Ham are also a real threat. They have an easier run in.
To be honest, Spurs are finding form right now and looking at the table, we could easily finish as low as ninth, but only be a point or two off fourth.

I don’t think West Ham have an easier run in.

United (A), Arsenal (H), Wolves (A), Leicester (H), Newcastle (A), Chelsea (H), Burnley (A), Us (H), Brighton (A), WBA (A), Saints (H)

That’s a tough run that.

Definitely some important games West ham away spurs home and we have to turn our home form around to stand any chance but wouldn't rule us out

AD876086-2A6C-4437-8BE4-892FDE875BE5.jpeg
Right, I know these predictors are usually useless but IF we win our next 3 we are definitely in with a shout of Europe. It would be a 6 pointer vs Spurs if we got 9/9 in our next 3. Then we have Arsenal away.

Status
Not open for further replies.