Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering we are 9th in goals scored and 10th in goals allowed, I'd say we've done well to get ourselves in the conversation for top 7, let alone top 4.
100% too many over rate this sqaud and give Ancelloti a hard time. We need a big window this summer. I think once we start seeing the rubbish players of Koeman/Walsh/Allardyce all leaving we'll get some quality in. Still about 5 or 6 quality players short of where teams like Chelsea are at. We bring on King they bring on Pulisic/Mount.

We’ve all seen what a run of wins can do. Let’s just beat Burnley and see why Leicester and Chelsea do. We wouldn’t have been guaranteed it if we’d won, and we’re not out of it because we lost.
We're not, but our chances are now reduced.

I think we'll do very well indeed to finish above Spurs and West Ham, and our lovable neighbours. Top four is a lovely dream, but it's not likely to come true this season. I think the Burnley game will be a really good indication of whether or not we can still aspire this term. Win that, and we're still in it. Anything less and, I think, it will be time to face reality.

I think anybody who watches any football at all realised long ago that we aren’t finishing top 4 this season. There are better sides.

Personally think we are in a battle for 7th with Arsenal, West Ham and Villa.

Don't have the squad for top 4, it's a pipe dream really. We've been unlucky with injuries for a long time now, but the players we have to rely on are a long way off the standard required.

The recruitment has to be right on the money in the summer because the next step is the hardest step.

100% too many over rate this sqaud and give Ancelloti a hard time. We need a big window this summer. I think once we start seeing the rubbish players of Koeman/Walsh/Allardyce all leaving we'll get some quality in. Still about 5 or 6 quality players short of where teams like Chelsea are at. We bring on King they bring on Pulisic/Mount.

I would say that was 7 of our first choice 11 out there maybe 8 so it was a pretty strong team. Unfortunately two of the players that were missing were absolutely key. Doucoure for his energy James for his ability to do the unexpected.

I would say that was 7 of our first choice 11 out there maybe 8 so it was a pretty strong team. Unfortunately two of the players that were missing were absolutely key. Doucoure for his energy James for his ability to do the unexpected.
Even with a full fit sqaud mate our team is no where near the top teams. It just shows the job Ancelloti is doing getting some of the results we have.

Even with a full fit sqaud mate our team is no where near the top teams. It just shows the job Ancelloti is doing getting some of the results we have.

I agree. Think our team is about 7th/8th best and squad is 6th/7th. The next 3 are crucial we need 9 points. 7 would be ok but we would need Leicester to drop points against Man City and someone else in their next 3. Absolutely agree a lot of credit goes to Ancelotti.

I agree. Think our team is about 7th/8th best and squad is 6th/7th. The next 3 are crucial we need 9 points. 7 would be ok but we would need Leicester to drop points against Man City and someone else in their next 3. Absolutely agree a lot of credit goes to Ancelotti.
If we get top 4 it'll be amazing and a masterclass from Ancelloti but I'd say its likely we'll get Europa and that's really a good achievement all things considered. It's also something to build on with a good transfer window. Ancelloti plus Europa should be enough to pull in maybe 1 big player and 2 quality ones next window.

We arent out of it by any means. Win our game in hand and we are a point off. The league is all over the place this season, anyone can go on a losing/winning streak.
Absolutely. The biggest case of that being the RS. Top at Christmas but totally collapsed since. Despite that they’re still only 3 points behind us and have enough quality to go on a winning streak. If that happens sooner rather than later, they’re not totally out of the top 4 either,

Let’s just take it game by game and review where we are after the next few games. It could be back on again, or we could have blown it. Who knows?

As others have said, top 4 was never really on the agenda this season anyway. So we’re way ahead of schedule.

Top 7 will be an achievement and a reason for satisfaction all round considering our history of bad signings in the past 4 years.

Moyes and West Ham winning. Thorn up our arse for Europa. How did we let these beat us at Goodison....
That was a poor poor game. But the fact they’re where they are means they’re a decent team. Worse results against Fulham have cost us, along with handing Newcastle six points! That’s been our downfall

Status
Not open for further replies.