Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be completely wrong in what i think they're proposing. Maybe @Khalekan is right in you can sell to a tier 1 but only up to a max of 100mil

Yeah but even with that proposal, its essentially the same principle.

It's the same BS they tried to sell us about financial fair play, sure it does stop clubs from overspending - but most clubs wouldn't overspend anyway, that's just risky business. The real effect of the rule is that FFP keeps the status quo.

Even if the rule is you can only buy up to a max of 100m, why is there a rule you can't buy a rival's players? Seems like they're trying to keep the same clubs at the top imo.

Reactions: JLW
11 to play and 6 wins needed.

7 and 2 draws I reckon. I think Leicester will get another 15 points, United will get at least 14 and I can see Chelsea getting 18 points from their remaining games. With our goal difference we need 69 points. Leicesters late winner against Brighton has meant its 6 and 3 is no longer good enough.

Plenty of twists yet so it might be less might even be more. I'm genuinely looking forward to it. If City knock us out the cup could do with them winning the League Cup just to ensure we avoid the Conference League. I think we should definitely finish top 6. Only need 5 wins 3 draws for that.

7 and 2 draws I reckon. I think Leicester will get another 15 points, United will get at least 14 and I can see Chelsea getting 18 points from their remaining games. With our goal difference we need 69 points. Leicesters late winner against Brighton has meant its 6 and 3 is no longer good enough.

Plenty of twists yet so it might be less might even be more. I'm genuinely looking forward to it. If City knock us out the cup could do with them winning the League Cup just to ensure we avoid the Conference League. I think we should definitely finish top 6. Only need 5 wins 3 draws for that.

I think we'll know more after the next 3 matches will look 'winnable' on paper.

At the moment we need to regroup, get 3pts at burnley and then hope players return before the next league games.

I think we'll know more after the next 3 matches will look 'winnable' on paper.

At the moment we need to regroup, get 3pts at burnley and then hope players return before the next league games.

When we play Villa in the spare game and when we play Spurs if we beat City and that gets rearranged will also have a big bearing. With the results going as they did Sheffield United have one last chance to get amongst it. Hopefully they see it that way and give it everything against Leicester. They win and my projected Leicester total reduces. As you say get Burnley dispatched and hope we can some players back.

When we play Villa in the spare game and when we play Spurs if we beat City and that gets rearranged will also have a big bearing. With the results going as they did Sheffield United have one last chance to get amongst it. Hopefully they see it that way and give it everything against Leicester. They win and my projected Leicester total reduces. As you say get Burnley dispatched and hope we can some players back.

All we can do is win our own games and not really worry about other teams (though it is fun!)

Burnley +Palace + Brighton = P30 55pts

Thats a really good position to be in with 8 to play.

We then have Spurs, Arsenal, Villa, West Ham and need to take 7-8 pts there i think to solidify Europe.

I’m so confused about the new European competition, we’ve now got champions league, Europa league and Europa Conference???

Someone help me out: am I right in thinking that the top 4 all qualify for CL and 5th place gets EL?

Does 6th place get anything? What difference does it make if a team finishes top 4 AND wins a cup?
Only 5th guarantees Europe. If City beat Spurs in the league cup final then 6th gets Europe. If a Champions League qualifier or the 5th place team wins the FA cup then 7th gets Europe.

I’m so confused about the new European competition, we’ve now got champions league, Europa league and Europa Conference???

Yeah its for the team who wins the League Cup or the lowest qualifying league team if they have already qualified for one of the bigger comps. The prize for winning it is a place in the Europa League.

Yeah its for the team who wins the League Cup or the lowest qualifying league team if they have already qualified for one of the bigger comps. The prize for winning it is a place in the Europa League.
Ah, the old Nations League kind of deal? Thanks

Only 5th guarantees Europe. If City beat Spurs in the league cup final then 6th gets Europe. If a Champions League qualifier or the 5th place team wins the FA cup then 7th gets Europe.

I think there's also a really farfetched example where 5th might not get Europe

• Spurs win CC
  • Arsenal Win EL/Liverpool Win CL
  • Non-European qualified team win FA Cup (Southampton, Sheffield Utd or Bournemouth)
Farfetched I know, but still possible. In the even that Liverpool and Arsenal finish outside European places, and win both both trophies, then 4th would also miss out on Europe lol Imagine finishing 4th and not qualifying for Europe lol

Status
Not open for further replies.