Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be wrong but after the first 10 games or so it doesn’t feel like we have had Allan, Doucure & James on the pitch at the same time very often.

With Doucure now out & Gambin still seemingly as far away as ever we just don’t have the midfield to get top 4. Think staying in the top 6/7 & getting Europa will be as good as it gets. Unfortunately this would mean little progress v last season although it does feel we have progressed so all a bit weird.
How can staying in the top 6/7 and getting Europa mean "little progress"?

With Doucure now out & Gambin still seemingly as far away as ever we just don’t have the midfield to get top 4. Think staying in the top 6/7 & getting Europa will be as good as it gets. Unfortunately this would mean little progress v last season although it does feel we have progressed so all a bit weird.
We finished 12th last season and with 8 or 9 games to go we had nothing to play for.

I could be wrong but after the first 10 games or so it doesn’t feel like we have had Allan, Doucure & James on the pitch at the same time very often.

Too many injuries to key players this season. Other teams can moan as much as they’d ant but they have far better squads with players of similar talent who can fill in. We’ve had Digne Allan James out for long periods, and will now have Docuoure also. To add to that Gbamin and Delph have missed practically the whole season. The backups to these players aren’t very good. I always felt we needed a clear run of injuries to make top 4 but that just doesn’t happen ever for Everton. Every season we’re one of the worst affected.

If we're honest we've been punching above our weight for months, we're just not very good at all.

Even the recent 1-0 wins against West Brom and Southampton we were absolutely horrendous. Leeds, Newcastle, Fulham, and probably Burnley ... if we don't win this game now we don't deserve European football.

Think the reality is now we gonna finish between 8th and 10th. So Villa and Arsenal games will decide where. Looking at how shocking we play at the moment, and how heads just go to mush, 10th is the most realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.