Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if we just qualify for either Europa or CL for 3 years in a row, that will be amazing progress. Apart from doing it once, consistency will show we are serious. We need to be within 6 points of top 4 - only 2 wins away, and we know that there were at least 2 bad results which should have been wins. In the past 5th-7th have been way off top 4, but I'd be happy if we were close.
Next year, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal will be better, so if we get top 5 again for the next 2 years, that will really be the mark of Don Carlo's success.

I think if we just qualify for either Europa or CL for 3 years in a row, that will be amazing progress. Apart from doing it once, consistency will show we are serious. We need to be within 6 points of top 4 - only 2 wins away, and we know that there were at least 2 bad results which should have been wins. In the past 5th-7th have been way off top 4, but I'd be happy if we were close.
Next year, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal will be better, so if we get top 5 again for the next 2 years, that will really be the mark of Don Carlo's success.
I doubt Arsenal or Spurs will be better next year
Arsenal are a mess this year and it will take a while to sort out
Levy has already been told to make Spurs self sufficient
Jose has not signed any exceptional players because the money is not there
They are over reliant on Kane and Son

I doubt Arsenal or Spurs will be better next year
Arsenal are a mess this year and it will take a while to sort out
Levy has already been told to make Spurs self sufficient
Jose has not signed any exceptional players because the money is not there
They are over reliant on Kane and Son

Thats true actually and now we see Carlo at Everton is working faster than Arteta at Arsenal
I was worried about Spurs actually but now it looks like Mourinho is not really able to transform that team immediately.
In any case, with Leicester now consistently top 6, and there's always one surprise in the top 6 like Wolves, it'll be a good achievement to be top 6 for 3 years in a row

I think we can take 12 points from those 7 games easy

The only problem is Leicester and Chelsea. To be in the top 4 we need to be 8 points better than Leicester and 5 points better than Chelsea, because of our goal difference.

Leicester`s last 10 games are Sheff Utd, Man City, West Ham, West Brom, Crystal Palace, Southampton & Newcastle. Their last 3 are tough, they have Man Ure, Chelsea & Spuds.

AND Chelsea have Leeds, Sheff Utd, West Brom, Palace, Brighton, West Ham & Fulham. Their last 4 are tough Man City, Arsenal, Leicester & Villa.

I just think the way we have been playing and the injuries we are experiencing these gaps are too much to make up, it will be interesting and hopefully exciting. That wont stop me getting behind the team for every game and hoping they win!

Should've strengthened in january, still think it's a missed opportunity.
In an ideal world we needed a couple more signings in January but I guess the pandemic and the lack of sales of fringe players made it impossible.

I don’t think this squad is a million miles away. A good RB and some pace and power in CM and out wide and we’ll be very competitive next season. Just have to keep our best players.

Near nil chance of top 4. Imagine, just imagine if we did make the top 4 with our squad? We would need to buy 5 quality players which is not going to happen in this window.

If we get Champions League we'll be able to afford and attract 5 quality players. I think if we get a kind enough group we could get out of it. Obviously being Everton we'll get an horrific group.

The only problem is Leicester and Chelsea. To be in the top 4 we need to be 8 points better than Leicester and 5 points better than Chelsea, because of our goal difference.

Leicester`s last 10 games are Sheff Utd, Man City, West Ham, West Brom, Crystal Palace, Southampton & Newcastle. Their last 3 are tough, they have Man Ure, Chelsea & Spuds.

AND Chelsea have Leeds, Sheff Utd, West Brom, Palace, Brighton, West Ham & Fulham. Their last 4 are tough Man City, Arsenal, Leicester & Villa.

I just think the way we have been playing and the injuries we are experiencing these gaps are too much to make up, it will be interesting and hopefully exciting. That wont stop me getting behind the team for every game and hoping they win!
Leicester are catchable, they’ve got so many games with teams around them. We need certain results to go our way to compress that 4th spot. For example, we need Utd to tonk Leicester twice, yes making catching Utd impossible but dragging Leicester into a scrap.

so with some Lady Luck, it’s on, but to qualify we’ll need other results to go our way (cursing that Brighton result)

Leicester are catchable, they’ve got so many games with teams around them. We need certain results to go our way to compress that 4th spot. For example, we need Utd to tonk Leicester twice, yes making catching Utd impossible but dragging Leicester into a scrap.

so with some Lady Luck, it’s on, but to qualify we’ll need other results to go our way (cursing that Brighton result)

this hopefully we can get some luck to

If we get Champions League we'll be able to afford and attract 5 quality players. I think if we get a kind enough group we could get out of it. Obviously being Everton we'll get an horrific group.
Does 4th get automatic group now? I thought it always had to get through the 3rd qualifying round in the past?

Status
Not open for further replies.