Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny Murphy just backed us to finish 4th. He’s just trying to put pressure on us. The little rat.
He "wrote" a piece for the BBC Football website last week where he evaluated chances of finishing in the Top 4.

Seven teams mentioned, we got a line along the theme of Everton aren't used to the pressure. A single line.

Think he went United, Chelsea, Leicester in that order.

Can't see Leicester holding on myself, bottle job of a manager, side looks broken/knackered. United aren't all that either.

Correct; an honestly I feel that all the top 4 bar Man City are catchable...Cannot understand how everybody thinks United are a shoe in for the Top 4...really?

I think United are favourites (except for City) but they are definitely catachable particularly if they keep going in both cups they are still in.

I agree, there are three CL spots up for grabs, not one
100% this. I think we have a great chance, but Spurs and Chelsea are on the up, United just need to gather a little more momentum and Arsenal can't be ruled out. So it'll take an almighty effort and it'll be super close between about 6 clubs imo. I hope we're in the top 3 of those 6 and not the bottom 3, cos it will be the difference between Champions League and no European competition at all.

This is a positive thread to flick through of a Saturday morning.

I’m generally of a positive mindset, but I find myself not quite able to get onboard the top 4 train just yet.

If we beat Chelsea, I’m definitely hoping on. But that’s a pretty big ask. More likely, I think, a draw keeps us well in the mix.

He "wrote" a piece for the BBC Football website last week where he evaluated chances of finishing in the Top 4.

Seven teams mentioned, we got a line along the theme of Everton aren't used to the pressure. A single line.

Can't see Leicester holding on myself, bottle job of a manager, side looks broken/knackered. United aren't all that either.
I was gutted Leicester went out of Europe, the extra wouid have been tough for their squad. And still could have a big say on Utd, Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool

I’m generally of a positive mindset, but I find myself not quite able to get onboard the top 4 train just yet.

If we beat Chelsea, I’m definitely hoping on. But that’s a pretty big ask. More likely, I think, a draw keeps us well in the mix.
I agree, I have no expectations, but I do have hope. So thanks for that Everton, it’s been a long time since hope was in such plentiful supply :)

Liverfool destroyed no defence cant score
Leicester broken injuries,tired
Man u inconsistent , concede goals

Chelsea dangerous solid
Spurs finding their feet, return of Ali
West ham wildcard can they keep it up?

Everton. Winning. Defence. Richarlison.

Monday take a draw

Ok not great if we lose to Chelsea, but everybody is saying they are
Playing better than anyone else bar city. And are getting tipped for 2nd

We have 13 games left, highly unlikely we stay undefeated. But if we win 8. And couple of draws, takes us to 72. Which should do it.

Lokking at the teams behind us, Spurs would need to win 10 out 12 and Liverpool 9 out of 11.

Points wise plus a game in hand we are in a better position than most
Quality wise we may be a little short compared to others but that's offset by Manager we have.

We are right in the mix.
I believe we will do it.

Agreed. Going through remaining fixtures, I have us - being optimistic - as finishing on approx. 65/66 points, which was enough for 4th last year but 6th the year before that.

Chelsea (A) 1pt
Burnley (H) 3pts
Crystal Palace (H) 3pts
Brighton (A) 3pts
Spurs (H) 1 pt
Arsenal (A) 0pts
Villa (H) 1pt
West Ham (A) 1pt
Sheff Utd (H) 3pts
Wolves (H) 3pts
City (A) 0pts

If we take 9 points from the next 12, we're well in it like, but then we have to take a win off either Spurs/Arsenal in the following two fixtures to put us firmly in the front seat for top four. To put into context how unlikely it is though, I don't think we've achieved a run like that in the tail end of a season since the 80s - even in the 72 point season under Martinez we lost three of the last five games (24 points from last 11 games however; repeating that would absolutely get us top four.)

If we beat Chelsea we’re in the driving seat.

Lose and the pressure if back on to win all three of the “easier” games afterwards.
Regardless of the result in the chelsea game there's pressure to win all 3 easier games.

United are a Fernandes injury from being a mid table team..

The mentality is slowly changing at this club and it’s finally great to see. The ‘Everton That’ moments are becoming less and less and now we have hope and optimism. Honestly I think the general feel around the club is becoming positive and that’s exactly what we need, good vibes only.

100% this. I think we have a great chance, but Spurs and Chelsea are on the up, United just need to gather a little more momentum and Arsenal can't be ruled out. So it'll take an almighty effort and it'll be super close between about 6 clubs imo. I hope we're in the top 3 of those 6 and not the bottom 3, cos it will be the difference between Champions League and no European competition at all.
Arsenal arnt going to make up 10 points. That’s 4 wins while all the team above them lose.
Unsure why everyone thing Chelsea are shun ins, they havnt been great. Had the RS actually defended deeper it would of been a draw

Status
Not open for further replies.