Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should base this on how we are playing not where we would like to end up, we have been riding our luck. We might end up in the top four if other results continue to go our way, but face it we are defensively tight, we have good goal scorers upfront but our midfield rarely over runs the opposition or creates enough chances. So I personally think its more likely we end up with 6-7.

We should base this on how we are playing not where we would like to end up, we have been riding our luck. We might end up in the top four if other results continue to go our way, but face it we are defensively tight, we have good goal scorers upfront but our midfield rarely over runs the opposition or creates enough chances. So I personally think its more likely we end up with 6-7.
It’s fine margins at the minute. If we keep scraping 1-0 wins then who knows. But I do think there are teams with more quality around us.

Bar city what other team are coasting through games on a regular basis?

Chelsea game is massive, win and we are utterly on the march.

Would like to see James, Coleman and Davies come back into the fold.

Pickford
Coleman Keane Godfrey Digne
Davies
Doucoure Allan
James
DCL Richy

Or Coleman can do a similar job like he did against Liverpool in a flat 4411

Pickford
Holgate Keane Godfrey Digne
Coleman Doucoure Allan Richy
James
DCL

We’ve also rarely had all of our midfield options available. Allan coming back is a massive boost for the run in. If he’s fit, it will free up James and Sig to hopefully create more of those chances we need.

Realistically what is our chances of finishing in the coveted champions league places?
Imagine who Carlo Fantastico can bring to the club if we were able to offer champions league football!

If we win our game in hand we will be 3pts off 3rd leicester who have key players out. We are somehow still up there and with key players returning from gashness( richarlison, pickford) and injury (allan the enforcer) can we pull it off?
We can do it mate. We just need to have the belief. If we can get a result at Chelsea, the dream will be a huge step closer.

We just need to win but to do that we need to attack and not defend so much

I agree they have too much quality. If we give up as many chances as we have they will score. Need to win the midfield. I hope Davies is fit as I suspect we will need to bring him on in the last 30 for some extra legs in midfield.

If they are all available my team would be

Pickford
Holgate Keane Godfrey
Coleman Doucoure Allan Digne
James Calvert-Lewin Richarlison

Maybe have James behind DCL and Richarlison.

Davies for Allan or Doucoure 60-70 minutes whichever is flagging more.
Sigurdsson for James 65 minutes.

Last sub depends on game situation.

Hopefully the rest of the bench will be
Olsen, Nkounkou, Onyango, Gomes, Iwobi, Bernard, King

We can beat these its all about belief.

Chelsea game is massive, win and we are utterly on the march.

Would like to see James, Coleman and Davies come back into the fold.

Pickford
Coleman Keane Godfrey Digne
Davies
Doucoure Allan
James
DCL Richy

Or Coleman can do a similar job like he did against Liverpool in a flat 4411

Pickford
Holgate Keane Godfrey Digne
Coleman Doucoure Allan Richy
James
DCL
Someone with a plandemic mentality might wonder if James, Coleman, and Davies have been 'injured' for this very reason...........

I've said it twice in a row, here's #3.

I would love to see a masterclass 0-5 win but I'll be fine with an appalling 0-1.

I don't know what part of me is stronger, the part that thinks we're due finally just putting a team to the sword as opposed to cagey-gnaw-your-fingernails wins or the part that thinks that our luck is about to run out in spectacular fashion at any moment lol

Can we do it? - Yes
Will we do it? - Maybe
Should we do it? - No

For me I am enjoying being excited about Everton again after 4-5 years of mush.

Long live King Carlo.

Said it yesterday but we're still a couple of players away from competing for Champions League whilst playing with the verve of a Champions League side. Looks like if we are to do it it's going to have to be in proper 2004-05 fashion, but for what it's worth this side sees out games in a much more controlled manner than the best Moyes Everton sides ever did in my opinion. And more importantly we're winning games those sides never would.

Very much looking forward to having the crowd back at Goodison next season, it will immensely improve our home form, think our away form will of course not be as good but I think we've definitely developed a way of approaching away games that will see us winning on the road a lot more than we're used to when fans return.

Status
Not open for further replies.