Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea won’t sit back and will leave opportunities on the counter attack. If we score first we will have a great chance, if they do it will be difficult.

Given our record there if we don’t get beat I’ll be happy but I’m quietly confident

They’ve struggled to break down deep defences. Giroud is normally unbelievable against us but their style of play should play into our hands and maybe they might even have one eye on their european second leg also.

68 points is rumoured to be the club’s internal projection for top 4. 22 points required from 12 games. 7 wins, 1 draw, 4 losses could do it.

Meanwhile our lovable neighbours are looking at 25 points needed from 11 games. That’s 8 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses.

If the roles were reversed I’d be counting us out already.

A win on Monday would be absolutely enormous for us.

Unbeaten in 10, 8 clean sheets

You can't concede if you want a shot, simple as. The good news is that they're not straight up unbeatable the way City has been. They're not scoring a lot, which is criminal given the pieces they have in the attack.

You can't concede if you want a shot, simple as. The good news is that they're not straight up unbeatable the way City has been. They're not scoring a lot, which is criminal given the pieces they have in the attack.
They are beatable. Like most of our games, first goal is very important. 1-0 either way is my guess based on both team’s recent form. Draw wouldn’t be a disaster tho

They are beatable. Like most of our games, first goal is very important. 1-0 either way is my guess based on both team’s recent form. Draw wouldn’t be a disaster tho

I would 100% take a draw if you offered it now. I'd love the three points, but the important thing is not spotting them too much of a lead before reeling them in when they hit that run of tougher fixtures at the end.

I would 100% take a draw if you offered it now. I'd love the three points, but the important thing is not spotting them too much of a lead before reeling them in when they hit that run of tougher fixtures at the end.
I really feel like Leicester and Man U are just as, if not more, catchable to be honest. Lots of the top 8 play each other in coming weeks. It’s going down the the last weekend, that’s for sure

I really feel like Leicester and Man U are just as, if not more, catchable to be honest. Lots of the top 8 play each other in coming weeks. It’s going down the the last weekend, that’s for sure
Think Leicester are the lowest hanging fruit. With their injuries and still having to play City and then a final 3 games of Man U, Chelsea and Spurs they are really going to struggle to keep pace.

I just feel like United will start getting penalties any time now.

Plus if United end up outside the Top 4, that’s another team who could potentially oust us, if they win the EL.

I still think we'll fall short of top 4 if I'm honest, but then again I did not think we would still be realistically in the mix at this stage. Despite the injuries, the congestion, the tough fixtures, we're pulling out results. If we beat Chelsea I'll really start to believe

Thought Chelsea looked very good last night. I'd expect them to make top 4 with United and of course City.
We are in the mix for top 4 , no doubt and that's a tremendous improvement on previous seasons.
Leicester are starting to struggle and bottled in last season and have the perennial bottler Brenda in charge.
West Ham.are , like us , a suprise package.
You cannot discount Spurs and , if there is some remarkable improvement the RS.
Arsenal are too far back I think.
In percentage terms I think that I'd put our chances at 30% at making CL and 50% EL.
Fingers crossed that all our players stay fit.

It's an old cliche but we just need to take it one game at a time and try and not get distracted by the prize on offer at the end. Every win brings more confidence and with a top manager like Carlo in charge I'm sure he won't let us get distracted from what we have to do. The Kopites are an absolute shambles and will no doubt drop more points before the end of the season and they are behind us. Leicester are going through abit of a rocky patch now and have a few injuries and Man Utd couldn't score in a brothel with a bucket full of £50 notes. Other teams above and just below us are dropping points so we just need to take care of business and see where it takes us but I'm quietly confident we can get top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.