2022/23 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benefited so much by having a clean slate with a new manager every 12 months or so. Surely at some point he will drop down a division and from there the floor is the limit for him. Not having it for one second he would do well in the Championship.
Not supporting Tom but Onana was on for eighty minutes what did he do apart from missing a sitter and giving stupid fouls away all afternoon and itโ€™s not just in this game itโ€™s every time he plays, one good game versus Arsenal when the whole team played well, give him a few more games heโ€™ll be getting the stick Tom gets.

He is utterly lost when he steps on the pitch. Today and every match before. He adds zero to the team, which is unfortunate because I think we want him to do well. He has proven over and over and over that he not capable of playing at this level. It's so frustrating to see him brought off the bench. He is our most used sub of the season which explains perfectly why we're in a relegation battle.

Yeah I think I do want him to do well, but I just can't work out what type of midfielder he's supposed to be., and he's had enough chances to show something. A couple of years ago I thought they should try and retrain him as a RB to cover for Seamus and maybe he does better there? but now he's at a crossroads and unfortunately he could be another loss from that group of Lookman, Dowell, Kenny, Pennington, Callum something and DCL, who is actually doing the best of the lot by actually having a good season, playing for England and holding down a place when fit.

Is he out of contract this summer.....

For all his faults Benitez wanted to exchange Longstaff for Davies and we pulled the plug apparently.

Bad decision in hindsight

Status
Not open for further replies.