2020/21 Tom Davies

Zezti

Player Valuation: £70m
A piece in the athletic about why we seem so slow has some figures for all our players' top speeds in sprints. Davies is the slowest out of them all.

Peely

Player Valuation: £225k
A piece in the athletic about why we seem so slow has some figures for all our players' top speeds in sprints. Davies is the slowest out of them all.
I'm always suspicious of those top speeds in sprints figures. Wasn't a 30+ year old Phil Jagielka the 'fastest' man in the PL one year?

Bluebonic

Player Valuation: £30m
He was really quick though.
I think those stats are very much dependent on context. Some players are fast over relatively long distances, so over very short ones (Bob Latchford was generally thought to be slow, but was supposedly very fast over five yards, which meant he got to th cross in te box quicker than the defenders did! All about context, I for example whould destroy Jamie Vardy getting to the last hobnob on the plate!

Gilbert..

Player Valuation: £25m
Interesting subject though. Just off the top off my head who can i recall was really slow. James beattie, was he slow or looked slow. Arteta? Sure there are many.

I think those stats are very much dependent on context. Some players are fast over relatively long distances, so over very short ones (Bob Latchford was generally thought to be slow, but was supposedly very fast over five yards, which meant he got to th cross in te box quicker than the defenders did! All about context, I for example whould destroy Jamie Vardy getting to the last hobnob on the plate!

Yeh I mean the top speeds are all acceleration over X yard I think but I believe the general consensus was that Jags was quick.

davids

Player Valuation: £70m
I'm always suspicious of those top speeds in sprints figures. Wasn't a 30+ year old Phil Jagielka the 'fastest' man in the PL one year?
Speed of thought much more important,you could be Usain Bolt but if you give a half rapid player a few yards of space and a start the outcome is usually predictable.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Registration is simple and free. Get involved.

Everton Mishmash
Check It Out!
Support GOT
With A Subscription
Goodison Park Print
Order Now
Holy Trinity
Order Now
Legends of Goodison Park
Order Now!
Shop with Amazon
+ Support GrandOldTeam
Everton Shirts
Order Now
Everton Mishmash Jigsaw
Order Now
Match Day Print
ORDER NOW
Goodison Park
ORDER NOW
AdBlock Detected

Adblocking on an Everton fan site is kopite behaviour! ;)

We understand and appreciate why you use Ad-blocking software, but we ask that you kindly consider disabling your Ad-block for GrandOldTeam. We're a fan site ran by fans, for fans. GrandOldTeam costs over £7,000 per year and we rely on our ad revenue to keep the site sustainable. We work hard to ensure our ads aren't instrusive. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks