2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
He really won’t he is filling the “hone grown” slot which the club deem to be an essential part of our identity as a club ... an advert for other youngsters choosing an academy
He is gong nowhere
We are a million miles away from not having enough home grown players. I remember looking at this last year, when the same thing was mentioned. You can have a max of 17 non home grown players in your 25 man squad. Keeper, Coleman? Mina, Digne, Gbamin, Gomes. Doucoure, siggurdsson. James, Richarlison, Allan, Iwobi. Tosun, Bernard.
that’s 14. Out of that lot at least 2 will probably be sold. Siggurdsson & iwobi maybe class as homegrown because of being in this country at a young age. So we could buy and 4/5 foreigners this summer and still be inside the quota.

I still think a 20mil over amd Davies is gone, well I’d sell him

We are a million miles away from not having enough home grown players. I remember looking at this last year, when the same thing was mentioned. You can have a max of 17 non home grown players in your 25 man squad. Keeper, Coleman? Mina, Digne, Gbamin, Gomes. Doucoure, siggurdsson. James, Richarlison, Allan, Iwobi. Tosun, Bernard.
that’s 14. Out of that lot at least 2 will probably be sold. Siggurdsson & iwobi maybe class as homegrown because of being in this country at a young age. So we could buy and 4/5 foreigners this summer and still be inside the quota.

I still think a 20mil over amd Davies is gone, well I’d sell him
How many home grown players do we have making the first team and impressing managers and pundits ?
he is the shop window for Everton PLC

How many home grown players do we have making the first team and impressing managers and pundits ?
he is the shop window for Everton PLC
Who cares, I’m only interested in the team doing well. It’s great if you have a few homegrown players in the team. But if you don’t, then that’s tough. Should be no sentiment at Everton

Who cares, I’m only interested in the team doing well. It’s great if you have a few homegrown players in the team. But if you don’t, then that’s tough. Should be no sentiment at Everton
Lol
You obviously did care as you challenged what I said BUT I agree it’s how the team performs not the home grown quota that matters

This guy has turned into Seedorf after a few games out. The reason he isn’t being picked is because he’s not good enough. He had an opportunity with Allan injured and didn’t sustain his level which cost us points at Burnley. I think Carlo had enough after that, and then came out basically saying he didn’t have enough quality. I don’t expect him to be getting many games next season if everyone stays fit.

This guy has turned into Seedorf after a few games out. The reason he isn’t being picked is because he’s not good enough. He had an opportunity with Allan injured and didn’t sustain his level which cost us points at Burnley. I think Carlo had enough after that, and then came out basically saying he didn’t have enough quality. I don’t expect him to be getting many games next season if everyone stays fit.

If you don't think he deserves a start over Gomes I'm assuming you're Stevie Wonder.

Theyre as bad as each other. Swapping one for the other doesn’t change anything for us.

They’re really not. Davies is miles above Gomes or Sig for that third position in midfield.

A valuable squad member. Gomes should be taken out to the pastures and given the old Yeller treatment.

He has been as good as he can in a poor injury ridden midfield no way should he have been dropped imo.....

I think Davies has put in some decent display’s this year, I cannot remember the last time Gomes had a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.