2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's true he is very inconsistent but then he has never had a uninterrupted run in a first team. Holgate(with his loan), DCL and Richarlison have all played first team football consistently what Tom needs is a loan somewhere where he will play week in and week out in a defined position. As it is he has been a patch up option for our terrible midfield one week on the bench the next.
Well that’s not true, in almost half of his entire Everton appearances he’s had the full 90 minutes and several times he’s had uninterrupted runs of several games at a time including one run of 18 starts straight

Can play in a midfield three in an inside left or right position quite well. A flat two does not suit his game though. No need to go drastically either way on him though. Similar to Iwobi, there’ll be some games and formations that suit him and others that don’t. He doesn’t have to be Alan Ball but equally he’s not so bad that he has to be punted immediately. What’s the harm in having him on the bench able to come in when the situation calls for it or covering for injuries etc.

Can play in a midfield three in an inside left or right position quite well. A flat two does not suit his game though. No need to go drastically either way on him though. Similar to Iwobi, there’ll be some games and formations that suit him and others that don’t. He doesn’t have to be Alan Ball but equally he’s not so bad that he has to be punted immediately. What’s the harm in having him on the bench able to come in when the situation calls for it or covering for injuries etc.
Yes, I thought he played really well when he came on against Leicester. Lots of energy and disrupted Leicester's midfield dominance.
Some posters on here - surprise, surprise - made their mind up months or even years ago and refuse to acknowledge when he puts in a good performanve.
Great to have football back isn't it!

It's true he is very inconsistent but then he has never had a uninterrupted run in a first team. Holgate(with his loan), DCL and Richarlison have all played first team football consistently what Tom needs is a loan somewhere where he will play week in and week out in a defined position. As it is he has been a patch up option for our terrible midfield one week on the bench the next.
Seen Some stats about him on twitter and I’m not Mad on stats and don’t know how true they are.

4 goals. 4 assists. 9 completed through balls. And 43 crosses with a 19% accuracy.

So 1 goal every 25 games. 1 assist every 25 games. 1 completed through ball pass every 11 games.
And 1 cross that finds it’s target every 10 games. I know he’s not a winger or full back.

But if them stats are true, they are horrendous.

Well that’s not true, in almost half of his entire Everton appearances he’s had the full 90 minutes and several times he’s had uninterrupted runs of several games at a time including one run of 18 starts straight
Fair enough maybe overall but he just seems to be in and out a lot the last few years. I still think he needs a loan really to prove he can ever be of the standard to start week in week out in the EPL if not he will be a squad player at best and probably end up in a lower in the table team or in the Championship.

2019/2020Everton24 (7)
2018/2019Everton16 (6)

Those stats say squad player to me especially when he has been utilised in all of the central midfield roles across his games with the first team, not a defined role. What I'm proposing is he goes out on loan to see if he can play week in week out in one position somewhere and improve like Holgate and to a lesser extent Kenny. If not make a decision to keep as a squad player or sell but he is never going to improve beyond this inconsistent level in my view without that.

Yes, I thought he played really well when he came on against Leicester. Lots of energy and disrupted Leicester's midfield dominance.
Some posters on here - surprise, surprise - made their mind up months or even years ago and refuse to acknowledge when he puts in a good performanve.
Great to have football back isn't it!

He is raw,young & unorthodox but we have a midfield player who is different & improving all the time, I think young Tom will surprise a few people & become a very good premiership player.

Our current midfield lacks a young spirited footballer who plays with positivity & stamina always looking for the forward pass.

Gomes still getting back to match fitness, Delph injury prone, Iwobi injury prone, Sigurdsson lacking pace, Gbamin still injured, Bernard struggles to last 70 mins of a game, Schneidelein in & out & Walcott always seems to be injured...

Why would we sell him or put him out on loan when we clearly need him, he is an important player in our squad & will be for a few more yet as he improves & gets better over time.

2019/2020Everton24 (7)
2018/2019Everton16 (6)

Those stats say squad player to me especially when he has been utilised in all of the central midfield roles across his games with the first team, not a defined role. What I'm proposing is he goes out on loan to see if he can play week in week out in one position somewhere and improve like Holgate and to a lesser extent Kenny. If not make a decision to keep as a squad player or sell but he is never going to improve beyond this inconsistent level in my view without that.
I don’t rate him one bit and wouid sell him today.

The problem with what you’re suggesting, is he probably only really suits a midfield 3. There is no way he could survive in a 2 at the top end of the prem. and with Ancelotti likely to stick with 442. I just don’t see him ever having a future under Ancelotti. Getting some decent money in would help with FFP.

He is raw,young & unorthodox but we have a midfield player who is different & improving all the time, I think young Tom will surprise a few people & become a very good premiership player.

Our current midfield lacks a young spirited footballer who plays with positivity & stamina always looking for the forward pass.

Gomes still getting back to match fitness, Delph injury prone, Iwobi injury prone, Sigurdsson lacking pace, Gbamin still injured, Bernard struggles to last 70 mins of a game, Schneidelein in & out & Walcott always seems to be injured...

Why would we sell him or put him out on loan when we clearly need him, he is an important player in our squad & will be for a few more yet as he improves & gets better over time.
Raw? He’s played a 100 games , how many games do you want to give him, do we sacrifice 2 seasons of Ancelotti’s reign, to see if Tom can come good.

He has no strengths to his game, he average at everything. He’s not a brilliant defensive midfielder. He can’t sit deep dictate or keep the ball well and play long passes. He’s not box to box, yes now and again he can go past a player, but it gets him into trouble more often than it helps the team.

IE both goals against Leicester in the 2-1 defeat. He was at fault. In the derby, in injury time trying a scissor flick and losing the ball and Liverpool got a free kick on the edge of the box.

He’s not aggressive, bulllying people or a great ball winner. And he not a goal scorer or brilliant passer in the final 3rd. And as for looking for the forward pass. He’s completed 9 forward passes in 99 games. I’m gobsmacked how fans are prepared to give this lad loads more time.

I don’t rate him one bit and wouid sell him today.

The problem with what you’re suggesting, is he probably only really suits a midfield 3. There is no way he could survive in a 2 at the top end of the prem. and with Ancelotti likely to stick with 442. I just don’t see him ever having a future under Ancelotti. Getting some decent money in would help with FFP.

Fair enough not against selling him either if that's what Carlo and Brands want. To reach his potential though a loan is needed if not I just don't see him making it as you say he suits more a , 3 too being the one bursting forward.

Raw? He’s played a 100 games , how many games do you want to give him, do we sacrifice 2 seasons of Ancelotti’s reign, to see if Tom can come good.

He has no strengths to his game, he average at everything. He’s not a brilliant defensive midfielder. He can’t sit deep dictate or keep the ball well and play long passes. He’s not box to box, yes now and again he can go past a player, but it gets him into trouble more often than it helps the team.

IE both goals against Leicester in the 2-1 defeat. He was at fault. In the derby, in injury time trying a scissor flick and losing the ball and Liverpool got a free kick on the edge of the box.

He’s not aggressive, bulllying people or a great ball winner. And he not a goal scorer or brilliant passer in the final 3rd. And as for looking for the forward pass. He’s completed 9 forward passes in 99 games. I’m gobsmacked how fans are prepared to give this lad loads more ti

Your Statistics are wrong, your analysis is wrong & what about the rest of our midfield that need to move on...

If he is not good enough then I am sure Ancelotti will move him on, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Tom will be here for a few more years, let's just wait & see who is right time will tell...

The 9 forward passes you refer about were through balls totally different to forward passes that you conveniently forgot to pass on.

Never understand why he gets this undeserved criticism.

Your Statistics are wrong, your analysis is wrong & what about the rest of our midfield that need to move on...

If he is not good enough then I am sure Ancelotti will move him on, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Tom will be here for a few more years, let's just wait & see who is right time will tell...

The 9 forward passes you refer about were through balls totally different to forward passes that you conveniently forgot to pass on.

Never understand why he gets this undeserved criticism.
Because he’s not very good and already been given a 100 games.

Let’s give him all next season and end up mid table again. And then when we lose holgate, Richarlison and DCL. But it’s fine because we are the club that give youngsters a 150 games to try and prove themselves.

Undeserved criticism, are you serious. We’ve had one the worst midfields In the prem for the last few years. Apart from Gana the rest have been shocking and I include Gomes. And Davies has been a big part of it.

I’d sell them all

Status
Not open for further replies.