2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's alright off the bench when there isnt long left to go - its when he's starting the match and has a job to do that he's useless.

I would still sell Delph before him but if we brought in 2 CM's I would still get rid and have Gomes/Sigurdsson/Gbamin as 3rd/4th/5th choice.

The thing is we all know we’ll start him next game and he’ll be crap. It’s frustrating that we can’t have consistent 7/10 players

I think he's alright off the bench when there isnt long left to go - its when he's starting the match and has a job to do that he's useless.

I would still sell Delph before him but if we brought in 2 CM's I would still get rid and have Gomes/Sigurdsson/Gbamin as 3rd/4th/5th choice.

It's a fair observation. I almost wonder, when players are fresher and probably targeting him more when he starts, he gets into more trouble.

The other interesting factor for Tom, is he seems to play better against better teams. We probably have less of the ball, so his defensive work is more beneficial and we give the ball away more often so it's less noticeable with him doing it. I'd also say, in such games he almost instinctively keeps it more simple.

He did well today, but he is of an age now where he needs to do well most weeks against the likes of Norwich.

I know we disagree on DCL, but the difference between Davies and say Holgate, DCL, Richarlimson is quite marked in terms of consistency, so he needs to close that gap.

It's a fair observation. I almost wonder, when players are fresher and probably targeting him more when he starts, he gets into more trouble.

The other interesting factor for Tom, is he seems to play better against better teams. We probably have less of the ball, so his defensive work is more beneficial and we give the ball away more often so it's less noticeable with him doing it. I'd also say, in such games he almost instinctively keeps it more simple.

He did well today, but he is of an age now where he needs to do well most weeks against the likes of Norwich.

I know we disagree on DCL, but the difference between Davies and say Holgate, DCL, Richarlimson is quite marked in terms of consistency, so he needs to close that gap.

I love you really lad for your Twitter antics alone lol

Nice cameo from Davies when he came on tonight, he done exactly what was needed at a time whe we were under considerable pressure....

Shows you what he is capable of just needs to produce this on a more often & consistent basis....

Davies is not a natural defensive midfielder. He is a no.8 rather than a no. 6 in my opinion.
He was brought on at first to try to nullify Maddi son but we're getting overrun all over the pitch.
The switch to a back five pushed Davies further up the field into a more natural position for him and he did very well there.
In my opinion.

Davies is not a natural defensive midfielder. He is a no.8 rather than a no. 6 in my opinion.
He was brought on at first to try to nullify Maddi son but we're getting overrun all over the pitch.
The switch to a back five pushed Davies further up the field into a more natural position for him and he did very well there.
In my opinion.

That's a bold opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.