2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that people were completely overblowing his performance against Liverpool, but he really did do well yesterday. Before this, it'd been literally years since he last looked even remotely dynamic in possession, which could have something to do with the fact that he seems to have lost some weight.

I thought that people were completely overblowing his performance against Liverpool, but he really did do well yesterday. Before this, it'd been literally years since he last looked even remotely dynamic in possession, which could have something to do with the fact that he seems to have lost some weight.
He came on when everyone else was absolutely shattered.

Gth I don't think he is dynamic at all. He's not an athlete.

So world class coach ancelotti loves him, maybe he's right and some members of GOT are wrong?!?!

I think Ancelotti just knows the value of having a player who is both young and can always improve as well as local lad who will never lack effort.

Despite them currently both being much better players than Davies I'd bin off Sigurdsson and Delph way before I would Tom.

The thing is we all know we’ll start him next game and he’ll be crap. It’s frustrating that we can’t have consistent 7/10 players
Yep, the only consistent performers at the moment are DCL and Keane. Iwobi is improving abit, I really want to see Bernard get a run of games now

It's a fair observation. I almost wonder, when players are fresher and probably targeting him more when he starts, he gets into more trouble.

The other interesting factor for Tom, is he seems to play better against better teams. We probably have less of the ball, so his defensive work is more beneficial and we give the ball away more often so it's less noticeable with him doing it. I'd also say, in such games he almost instinctively keeps it more simple.

He did well today, but he is of an age now where he needs to do well most weeks against the likes of Norwich.

I know we disagree on DCL, but the difference between Davies and say Holgate, DCL, Richarlimson is quite marked in terms of consistency, so he needs to close that gap.
It's true he is very inconsistent but then he has never had a uninterrupted run in a first team. Holgate(with his loan), DCL and Richarlison have all played first team football consistently what Tom needs is a loan somewhere where he will play week in and week out in a defined position. As it is he has been a patch up option for our terrible midfield one week on the bench the next.

It's true he is very inconsistent but then he has never had a uninterrupted run in a first team. Holgate(with his loan), DCL and Richarlison have all played first team football consistently what Tom needs is a loan somewhere where he will play week in and week out in a defined position. As it is he has been a patch up option for our terrible midfield one week on the bench the next.

I think a loan to Germany would really help Tom actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.