2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was really good when he came on, he can be great on the ball and can pass well, but he can also be terrible at those things, but showed the rest how to close that game out, bernard was similar too. The best way is to keep the ball.

I didn’t think he was great today, but he had a few nice moments where he did well to move the ball into good areas, which is far more than he’s done in any other game recently.

I wouldn’t have Davies in my preferred starting lineup , but he showed tonight why so many of our managers have played and trusted him. You could see him being instructed before hand, probably saying “ this is the issue we want you to fix” . And he goes on the pitch and does it , fills the gaps , covers spaces particularly when we haven’t got the ball. It always seems I’ve got my heart in my mouth when he’s got the ball in our half though and there are times when he’s not where he should be . Showed a decent amount of composure though when in their half and he had the ball, which hasn’t always been the case , so well done to him for that .

I'm giving him some benefit of the doubt due to his injury and fitness. I can't believe he's 100% yet. Most of these guys are laboring, they've not been playing for three months. He looks especially poor.

I'll reserve judgment til next season. Unfortunately he's needed now.

He has literally always been that slow / immobile.

This "injury has knackered him" theory is a complete myth - you only notice it more because last season he had Gana doing his running for him whereas now he has a snail in Sigurdsson

He struggled to at the start today when he came on but credit where it’s due I felt he finished the game strong made some nice runs and kept the ball pretty well

Let players pass him too easy but showed some nice touches and brave going forward. Look for me he needs a season loan and get to play every week. Then give him 1 season back with us. See how he gets on at 24 years of age.

People saying he plays better in a midfield three.

That means we either:

Play three at the back to keep two strikers (a must, we've suffered one up front for too long) - which means no LB, no Digne = crap trade off

Or

Go 4-5-1 and relive the Silva / Koeman / Moyes "glory" years of tedium

All to accommodate one of of the league's worst players.

Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.