2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Because its all style and no substance with him at the moment.

I would rather him look a plain jane and be our own Gerrard in the midfield for years to come than throw his career down the pan.

You watch back his debut season under Koeman - he was head and shoulders above Barkley and we were all raving that he was due to get a nod for the senior National side. There was no skateboard vids for instagram or webcam chats to Bellerin planning cat walk appearances or trips to New York and Paris dressed as Lily Savage it was just a lad looking hungry & commited to smash it for his boyhood club.

Whats happened since then?
Maybe because before he came in to the 1st team, you know when he was 18, he didn't have the freedom/ability to do those things, or no-one was paying any attention to his dress sense/instagram? Maybe he's just a young lad learning about the world/himself and expressing that??

I just want the best for Tom Davies mate - I see a player in the lad whilst the hipsters see an instagram caricature who dresses funny and rides a skateboard whilst saying boss things in a scouse accent.

For me its as simple as if he carries on the road he's going down he'll join a long list of players who's careers passed them by and he'll live to regret it.

If you think he's "made it" because he's currently a Premier League player at 21 - that shows the exact mindset that these young lads have and why so many do sweet sod all with their careers.

'the road he's going' - wearing what he wants and having some fun. What exactly do you think he should do in his spare time?

And what should he have achieved he hasn't yet?

I would rather him look a plain jane and be our own Gerrard in the midfield for years to come than throw his career down the pan.

You watch back his debut season under Koeman - he was head and shoulders above Barkley and we were all raving that he was due to get a nod for the senior National side. There was no skateboard vids for instagram or webcam chats to Bellerin planning cat walk appearances or trips to New York and Paris dressed as Lily Savage it was just a lad looking hungry & commited to smash it for his boyhood club.

Yeah, slippy's a great role model. lol

This isn’t some new thing he’s discovered in the last couple of years, he was skateboarding long before he made his debut, it’s one of his hobbies. This is all becoming very very weird bordering on sociopathic now mate, take a step back and calm down

I work not too far from where they were hanging out. Would have been fun to run into them. I usually wear an Everton cap around town so it would have been a conversation piece. I could have asked Davies how his ball-control exercises are coming along.

Also went by a couple of Fashion Week events in a taxi late Tuesday night

(off topic: on my way home from this

which was unbelievably fun)

didn't see them but did see lots of dudes dressed like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.