2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does his hair make any difference at all like?

Because its all style and no substance with him at the moment.

I would rather him look a plain jane and be our own Gerrard in the midfield for years to come than throw his career down the pan.

You watch back his debut season under Koeman - he was head and shoulders above Barkley and we were all raving that he was due to get a nod for the senior National side. There was no skateboard vids for instagram or webcam chats to Bellerin planning cat walk appearances or trips to New York and Paris dressed as Lily Savage it was just a lad looking hungry & commited to smash it for his boyhood club.

Whats happened since then?

Because its all style and no substance with him at the moment.

I would rather him look a plain jane and be our own Gerrard in the midfield for years to come than throw his career down the pan.

You watch back his debut season under Koeman - he was head and shoulders above Barkley and we were all raving that he was due to get a nod for the senior National side. There was no skateboard vids for instagram or webcam chats to Bellerin planning cat walk appearances or trips to New York and Paris dressed as Lily Savage it was just a lad looking hungry & commited to smash it for his boyhood club.

Whats happened since then?

His hair looks the same TBH.

Because he has no other option.

Once Gomes and Gbamin are fit and we dip into the summer market can you really see him getting anywhere near the team at present?

Again its either his talent or the application. I believe he has talent but the application hasn't been there - you see it on the pitch he chases the ball like a puppy their is little to none tactical nous.

My advice to the lad is get a 2 dollar haircut, drop the fashion for now and become the top quality CM that can wear the armband with pride.

People laugh at the likes of Milner and Declan Rice but if he becomes as good as either of those he'll have a decent career.
So if he shaved his head and bought an Asda pack of five tee-shirts for four quid he'd make the England squad?

As I've said - if you think he'll reach his potential by arsing around then fair play we will see who is right in 2-3 years time.

I imagine by then he'll be playing in the championship whilst you all cheer his fashion line on instagram whilst the likes of Holgate and Kenny who are serious about their playing career blossom and have a relatively fruitful career in the top flight and potentially in international football.

Tom has talent but its currently being wasted. Yes you could argue chopping and changing managers havent helped in that but ultimately their is only one person to blame for his career stagnating since Koeman's 1st season and its Tom himself.

He's like that laidback lad we all knew growing up - never settles down, goes from job to job, never lets life get on top of him - that lad never makes it to the top because they dont have the desire or self discipline to properly knuckle down at something.

Maybe with the fashion industry he could do well with that mindset - but he's certainly not going to make it at Everton under Ancelotti / Usmanov era unless he cleans up his act imo.

I like the lad but he needs to put down the skateboard, put his ma's sunday best back in the wardrobe and get training day in day out otherwise his footballing career will quickly pass him by.

Ha ha, 'that lad who never made it to the top' - yeah, we all know those elite athletes fulfilling their boyhood ambitions that are sat at home gutted that they never achieved anything in their life. Clearly, the man has no drive if the best he's ever done is play Premier League football.

20200213124208.jpg

Ha ha, 'that lad who never made it to the top' - yeah, we all know those elite athletes fulfilling their boyhood ambitions that are sat at home gutted that they never achieved anything in their life. Clearly, the man has no drive if the best he's ever done is play Premier League football.

I just want the best for Tom Davies mate - I see a player in the lad whilst the hipsters see an instagram caricature who dresses funny and rides a skateboard whilst saying boss things in a scouse accent.

For me its as simple as if he carries on the road he's going down he'll join a long list of players who's careers passed them by and he'll live to regret it.

If you think he's "made it" because he's currently a Premier League player at 21 - that shows the exact mindset that these young lads have and why so many do sweet sod all with their careers.

I just want the best for Tom Davies mate - I see a player in the lad whilst the hipsters see an instagram caricature who dresses funny and rides a skateboard whilst saying boss things in a scouse accent.

For me its as simple as if he carries on the road he's going down he'll join a long list of players who's careers passed them by and he'll live to regret it.

If you think he's "made it" because he's currently a Premier League player at 21 - that shows the exact mindset that these young lads have and why so many do sweet sod all with their careers.
Represented his country at U16, U17, U18, U19, U21 levels.
Played 100 or so Premier league games for Everton.
Still only 21.

Where did it all go so wrong.....

Represented his country at U16, U17, U18, U19, U21 levels.
Played 100 or so Premier league games for Everton.
Still only 21.

Where did it all go so wrong.....

But he's better than that - I saw a lad at 18 boss Man Citys midfield and outshine Barkley for half a season with great ball control, tackling, passing - now he plays and half the time looks lost on the pitch.

I've seen no development in 3 years whereas we are starting to see that same development and growth in Holgate, DCL & Kenny doing well over in Germany.

The lads regressing therefore questions need asking as to why.

DCL's form is unequivocal evidence that your mad-clothes-ruin-players argument is 24 carat guff.

But he's better than that - I saw a lad at 18 boss Man Citys midfield and outshine Barkley for half a season with great ball control, tackling, passing - now he plays and half the time looks lost on the pitch.

I've seen no development in 3 years whereas we are starting to see that same development and growth in Holgate, DCL & Kenny doing well over in Germany.

Skateboards. Must be skateboards.

Now if he spent a couple of hundred grand on a car. That'd be sound.

Would rather see him in bad gear but behaving professional on his holiday rather than been all over the papers like James Maddison for been off his face in night clubs and taking women back to his room.

doesnt mean there is much intensity or desire in that training.

I just dont see the desire in the lad to progress in football.
How are you judging this? By the little videos of training the club puts on youtube? Are you sneaking in to FF to watch them every day? Are you secretly an itk, who actually works at the club??

My advice to the lad is get a 2 dollar haircut, drop the fashion for now and become the top quality CM that can wear the armband with pride.
How does a two dollar haircut help him play football better? Does he need to go to the USA to get this done, or can he get a £1.60 haircut in Liverpool??
but he's certainly not going to make it at Everton under Ancelotti / Usmanov era unless he cleans up his act imo.
He's been playing regularly for 2/3 years. I'd suggest he's made it already.
The fans should be helping him
How are we supposed to help him exactly? Create choreographed chants with sage life advice in them??

Nothing to do with our midfield's role on the pitch being as clear as mud. Looked great with Barry when he knew his role. Looked good with Gomes, looked decent again under Dunc when his role was clearly defined.

Status
Not open for further replies.