2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started caring more about the fashion world than spending the extra hours hitting the gym / training ground.

I've been slated for saying it but he'll not make it here unless he cleans up his act - although a loan move may do him good.

Or maybe he’s just crap. Yeah swear he was lashing the coke and was a full blown alcoholic. He just dresses in a quirky way. Whatever.

Central midfield is the hardest position to play in football, especially at PL level where you need to have pretty much everything in order to be top class in the role. Think it'd be wise to cut him a bit of slack about his apparent 'stagnation' compared to Holgate and DCL. I'd think a Championship loan move would be good for him so he could play at a decent level every week but it has to be the right one considering the many different roles a CM can play.

Thought he done OK today to be honest, but even then 're still talking about "average PL midfielder". The lad needs to be playing in order to develop

I thought he did ok yesterday, getting the ball forward and some good distribution. He’s young and is playing in a difficult position in a team still finding its way, wish some would give him a break.

It’s weird how much stick he gets from the crowd, something about our treatment of young, homegrown players that makes me wonder what some want from their match day experience. Most clubs would be looking at him, DCL and Holgate and thinking that’s a decent young spine with half a chance in a few seasons time.

For me I am still not sure, he should by now be more consistent in his play.

Hard when you're starting for the first time in five fixtures.

He had a good game.

As per this account, he completed 7/8 long passes. Caveats re: how that's defined, etc. but I remember several good passes over the top to DCL. That plays to our strengths and to the way Carlo wants to play, so that's important to see.

He looked good with Gomes re: distribution. I would have liked to see more ball-winning and tackling, and also a little bit of a goal threat - Davies had only one shot. But every time he got the ball he started upfield and usually picked out a good forward pass. That's better than most of our mids in most games since Gomes got hurt.

Thought he was brilliant in the second half yesterday.

He has patches in games where he’s almost allergic to keeping possession, but he was one of the best players on the pitch for a lot of the match.

Us getting Europa could make him as we’d need the numbers and he’d get game time. Without that I can’t see him playing much, especially when we spend big on a midfielder in the summer.

Maybe it's because he is a young lad or maybe because he has a unique fashion sense but it seems to me that people have their minds made up about Tom Davies and cannot accept that he is a very good young footballer who will get better as he ages and in my opinion is a future captain of the side.
Or maybe it’s because they’ve watched him for his past 100 odd games for us where he’s been largely average to poo

Maybe it's because he is a young lad or maybe because he has a unique fashion sense but it seems to me that people have their minds made up about Tom Davies and cannot accept that he is a very good young footballer who will get better as he ages and in my opinion is a future captain of the side.
He has already been captain.

I enjoy Davies.. I feel we often lack energy on the park when he is NOT playing ... he isn’t as silky as one or two others and makes mistakes... but he definitely contributes to a different dynamic when he is on.. I like seeing him get the odd start and would give him a run right now.. no one else is doing any better in the middle...

I enjoy Davies.. I feel we often lack energy on the park when he is NOT playing ... he isn’t as silky as one or two others and makes mistakes... but he definitely contributes to a different dynamic when he is on.. I like seeing him get the odd start and would give him a run right now.. no one else is doing any better in the middle...
Good assessment

Status
Not open for further replies.