Tom Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's fair!

There are signs that with the right development he can become a really good player, but we haven't done that to anyone properly since probably Stones & Barkley
He's probably in the same boat as Ellis Sims. Id love them both to be our forwards from maybe season after next but as we know in the Premier League, its all about now!!

Still not certain for me that he'll make it as a PL striker. England will always have lots of youth players coming through who can be top level stars. If Tom can't make it as a PL player, he's got no hope of games with England. And seeing as he can only change once, the smart move would seem to be to stay where he is for another year or so and then decide, whether it be the Republic, England, Wales etc as he'll know better then as to which level he'll likely spend his career in.

They may well do but they obviously feel that Cannon is at least equal or potentially better otherwise they wouldn't be chasing him down to switch to England. Needs to be given a chance to show what he can do. If Dyche is going to pick some yard dog type over him and not help him then he is better off just leaving and going somewhere where he can develop properly.
Has he he actually made a final decision to switch to England, or is he mulling over an offer to play for the 21s? If he plays for England's 21s I think that doesn't rule him out from going back to Ireland? I think it happens fairly often in the underage teams that dual nationals might switch between their countries. Balogun and Musiala did it before making their final decision for example. Grealish and Carvalho too I think. In fact I read somewhere that Carvalho might be considering switching back to England.

Anyway Irish fans who are upset about this should probably blame the Americans for taking Balogun off us.

The strikers we’ve been linked with repeatedly recently are championship level who might make the step up (Gyorkeres, Brereton Dias) so why would we sell a young lad who did well in the championship who we already own and sell him for peanuts?

Status
Not open for further replies.