To All Scousers

Status
Not open for further replies.
My arl fellas side are all from the City and were all blues my Grandad used to go with his arl fella and stand on Goodison Rd close to the church which is where I sit now with my kids, apparently my Great Grandad started watching them at the very beginning.

Mum was a blue - Upper Gladdy just after WW11, Dad not fussed either way. After I was chosen at the age of 6, just before the 62/63 title season, I found out that most of the rest of the family were blue as well but nobody forced anyone to be blue or red

didn't have a choice.Me dad made me an evertonian soon as I was born .Im almost embarrassed to admit this but my uncle took me to anfield a few times as a kid.Hated the place.horrible kit.trampy stadium.even disliked the announcer at the stadium. My kids are now Evertonians and my grandkids will be as well

didn't have a choice.Me dad made me an evertonian soon as I was born .Im almost embarrassed to admit this but my uncle took me to anfield a few times as a kid.Hated the place.horrible kit.trampy stadium.even disliked the announcer at the stadium. My kids are now Evertonians and my grandkids will be as well

My uncle did the same with me. Something about uncles aint right me thinks.

My Dad used to go to watch both teams, back in the day when some fellas did that. He took me to watch both and told me to make my own mind up about which team I wanted to support.

it just didn't feel right watching the RS, even though this was in the 70's and they were winning everything. Even today I can't explain it. Everton just felt like the natural place to be. The crowd were and still are different. This was before all the Norwegians went to watch the RS etc too. The best way I can describe it, is that at Everton you feel as though you're part of a family where when I went to watch the RS felt it like being in a crowd of strangers - if that makes sense !

Same as most others really, it just happens, we do not choose etc etc.... i started going in the relegation 'dark days' were everybody was just fired up trying their best to get the boys over the line. My grandad was the man responsible - i dont know if i should love him or hate him for it, as many of you know it becomes a obsession. Only family mean more to me ! (and thats a tough call). I think we all have the working class title as you say - similair to Atletico. Being a Kopite must be great for their successes in the champions league and FA cup (the treble season would of been magical) but it just doesnt feel right, at least when/if we win a cup it will be special, done the hard way but special. People outside just dont understand !

Lived all my life in Liverpool, but my Dad was a Trammere fan, as he was from that side of the Mersey.
If honest I have no idea why I chose Everton, I have often thought about this.
I guess you can say it is part of you from an early age, and you have little choice in the matter

supported them because of my step dad. Well he wasnt step dad per ce, take too long to explain.

I personally don't see a division in the city like in madrid. Liverpool don't really stand for rich or poor, they are very much like ourselves but more succesful version of us. They represent what makes the city what it is, liverpool fans and everton fans in the same city, working together and making up a football mad place. I would argue Liverpool is the best place in the world for football, even your mates nan has a side, whether she watches the game or not.

3rd Generation Evertonian. My dad took me to my first game at 4 years old, and has always been obsessed with Everton, he still is now and he's 79. Interestingly I deliberately didn't influence my kids on who to support (we live in Sheffield now), but my eldest son wanted to go to the Boxing day game with Sunderland a couple of years back, and is now an Evertonian, so maybe you really are "born not manufactured".

Your research needs to be better my friend. Why quote Liverpool hav more scandinavian fans than Efc?? If you know anything about Everton Fc you will know we were the first club worldwide to have 500 supporters clubs!! Thats the a first not even the shower from analfield can claim. We also have no comparison with them we are not deluded!!

Status
Not open for further replies.