To All Scousers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aar_the_Toffees

Player Valuation: £10m
Good day Fellow Blues,

For a Research Project on football- would all you scousers (live in Merseyside or have in the past) please help me out. There is no survey, just a basic question. You lads are lucky enough to live in the city. There's two football teams in the First Divison- Liverpool and Everton. Why do you choose Everton over Liverpool? The RS have won more, and have more Scandinavian fans- and worldwide as well. So why not choose the other team? Why chose our beloved blues?

For me- one game at Goodison did it- the most convincing atmosphere i've ever seen to this day. They say we are not manufactured- we are chosen.

Also, what does Everton represent to the society. In Madrid, Real is the rich people's team- the more successful, but Atletico defines the working class. Is there any comparison between us and RS? Or is it just a random decision- are we born a blue or red? Anything at this point would be helpful, but please try not to put any sarcastic answers- this is serious.

Last edited:
My dad had me cheering Everton goals since before I could comprehend football, my first word other than mum or dad was "goal" and I've been going the match since I was 3.

It's hard to describe. This might sound cheesy but I didn't choose, I'm just an Evertonian like I am a white male with blue eyes and a funny shaped head. I've never not been any of them things.

And as far as what Everton represents in society I'd say an honest, family type club who do their best to give as much to the community as possible and try not to rip fans off.

A proud establishment of tradition, class and dignity.

Are we literally the People's Club then- a club which treats there fans as part of a club? Does Liverpool not do this? What I understand from this is that Everton are the more family-friendly club. We cater to the people, while they care more about making money (albeit spending it in stupid ways).

Status
Not open for further replies.