To All Scousers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was born in my grandparents house. Two minutes after my birth I was wrapped in a large Everton tapestry thing my grandad had made after the 66 cup final. Born a blue, as they say.

First game aged 3, been going ever since. 45 years and counting.

Supporting the RS was never an option.
EVER.

havnt a clue , my brothers are rs, my mum is a blue, but used to go to both, my dad wasnt intrested liked boxing,
just think it was a social thing , starting school ect i seemed to have more blue mates, went up to anfield wasnt intrested, but one trip to goodison and that was it.
Even after seeing them win everything , i am glad i took the blue road as they the rs just represent everthing i dont like, loads of glory hunters , rent a crowd, face painted adults, zany banners and just plain wrong uns, by the score, everton fans by enlarge are a lot more normal grounded folk with a certain bit of honesty and more grounded,

Last edited:

On my dad's side, I can trace my blue heritage to the late 19th century at the bottom of Everton hill.

Possibly to the very formation of the club.

How could I be anything else? What else is there?

As long as it's not to inside the Everton tower :p

Family got it right back in the days of Dixie - son is 4th generation Blue I am proud and pleased to admit. We do not choose and all that stuff. What's not to understand? :)

Do
Good day Fellow Blues,

For a Research Project on football- would all you scousers (live in Merseyside or have in the past) please help me out. There is no survey, just a basic question. You lads are lucky enough to live in the city. There's two football teams in the First Divison- Liverpool and Everton. Why do you choose Everton over Liverpool? The RS have won more, and have more Scandinavian fans- and worldwide as well. So why not choose the other team? Why chose our beloved blues?

For me- one game at Goodison did it- the most convincing atmosphere i've ever seen to this day. They say we are not manufactured- we are chosen.

Also, what does Everton represent to the society. In Madrid, Real is the rich people's team- the more successful, but Atletico defines the working class. Is there any comparison between us and RS? Or is it just a random decision- are we born a blue or red? Anything at this point would be helpful, but please try not to put any sarcastic answers- this is serious.
dya like eminem?

So there's no cultural connection then- just a family heritage?
There is no rich/poor cultural connections to either team. Both are very working class clubs. You could say that Everton was the catholic team of choice at one point so we attracted a large Irish following, due to the city have a huge Irish population right up to the 50's. But modern times it doesn't mean a thing and it was never that important to the fans anyway.

For the majority of us it's inherited like a disease. You get a few who defect to the dark side at a young age, but they are treated like the turncoat rats they are. And never truly accepted by either reds or blues.

My Dad's side of the family were nominally red, like many people who put down C of E, or RC but never set foot inside a church except for births , deaths and marriages.

My Mum's side were the same only Blue, it was a box you ticked, if you ticked it at all

I think NEA'd summed it up.

My Dad's Sister, however, married into a family of RABID Blues.
So High days and Holidays, usually Easter or boxing day, all the males got dragged to the match as there was no way Uncle Billy was NOT going and there was nothing else to do and it got all the males out of the house on boxing day after being cooped up on Christmas Day.
Where Uncle Billy went, his lad, my cousin went so I pestered all and sundry to go too.
It happened to be The Blues were at home.
I went and was completely blown away - hooked for life. and if there was a bit of childish rebellion in there, well why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.