Time for change

Sack sack sack??

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing which got me, was when someone highlighted that we didn’t even bother with Tuchel and signed Allardyce.

Even a football fan with minimal knowledge, knows what is the best appointment is.
Plenty have been available over the years.

Back when we hired relegated Martinez we could have went for a whole host. After he went and we got koeman, Emery, tuchel , biesla to name a few were available and would have been interested given our new owner.

Even after that point , rose , nagglesman etc were available and even Emery again.

In terms of manager we keep hiring the least exciting choice, minus one time. The fact Silva was sacked and we hired him after that is an alarm bell for the recruitment strategy. Not good enough for Watford but good enough for us, ended up sacked again....

Football has changed, we keep planning long term but the most succesful managers apart from a select few are always short term deals.

Plenty have been available over the years.

Back when we hired relegated Martinez we could have went for a whole host. After he went and we got koeman, Emery, tuchel , biesla to name a few were available and would have been interested given our new owner.

Even after that point , rose , nagglesman etc were available and even Emery again.

In terms of manager we keep hiring the least exciting choice, minus one time. The fact Silva was sacked and we hired him after that is an alarm bell for the recruitment strategy. Not good enough for Watford but good enough for us, ended up sacked again....

Football has changed, we keep planning long term but the most succesful managers apart from a select few are always short term deals.

I still think the worst is when Rangnick basically whored himself to the club and we didn’t go for him.

A fella the RB corporation has used to completely structure their football wasn’t good enough for us.

This time though, if we sacked Benitez, I’d fear who we go for. We’ve went for Allardyce before, we’d go for Bruce or something.

I actually don't see the point until we're in real trouble. Only at that point would a new manager bring any sort of bounce to the club and it's lazy arse players. Hopefully we don't get there but I think sacking him now if anything makes a further decline more likely.

I think it's a genuine disgrace he was appointed at all though.

We've had one of the most decorated managers of our age in charge. We've had the manager of the #1 ranked national team in the world in charge, as well as someone who managed one of the biggest club sides in the world. You'd think perhaps it'd be obvious by now that changing the manager isn't the answer.

So many transfers and an entirely different squad.

It is the managers too.

Yeah, absolutely, I’m sure Dave’s reasoning is right.

But how can we be so poorly ran. Even as DOF, if he doesn’t want Benitez, then why are we appointing Benitez?

He should have complete control over all footballing matters and everyone else should be keeping out of it.

…we know for definite Moshiri brought Tosun in and from all accounts it was him who acquired Iwobi against Brands wishes. Moshiri thinks he knows best.

i agree with you regarding what Brands role should be but it’s clearly not.

Everyone needs to go. FSW, Brands, whole coaching team and at least Kenny, Delph, Sigurosson, Begovic, Iwobi, Tosun, Gomes, Gbamin, Lonergan, Rondón need releasing on frees.

Status
Not open for further replies.