Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last years stats show he was the worst keeper in the prem (read somewhere worst in Europes top leagues)He may not have been able to save the 2 goals but cant help thinking due to positioning and general awareness a keeper like De Gea or Courtois saves them.Quite frankly Tim is not good enough , hasnt been for years.
As if we'd be able to get a keeper like those two anyway. Whenever we get a new keeper they'll be decent not spectacular

His fault for the second goal, noone will convince me otherwise. He stands so far off his line on every shot it's painful to watch, if he takes up a reasonable position then he saves that shot fairly comfortably because it isn't even close to going in the corner.

Any respectable Prem keeper saves that.

I just can't see us keeping a clean sheet anymore,which should be the bedrock of gaining a result,I laughed when we finished fifth at the haters saying he would turn us into Wigan,sadly he is IMHO:(

His fault for the second goal, noone will convince me otherwise. He stands so far off his line on every shot it's painful to watch, if he takes up a reasonable position then he saves that shot fairly comfortably because it isn't even close to going in the corner.

Any respectable Prem keeper saves that.

So you don't think Stones defended poorly one on one against Ighalo? Or the deflection off Coleman stood 5 yards in front of him blocking his sight of the shot that sent it into the corner had anything to do with him not being able to save it?

Me neither, but that's not all on Howard!
No its not ijjy,we don't get tight on crosses,the number that got past Coleman in particular saturday(which led to the first goal)was scary,set pieces/corners your hearts(well mine anyway)in your mouth as we just don't attack the ball but sit back waiting for something to happen nine times out of ten,and then we have dear old flappy Tim:(lol

So you don't think Stones defended poorly one on one against Ighalo? Or the deflection off Coleman stood 5 yards in front of him blocking his sight of the shot that sent it into the corner had anything to do with him not being able to save it?
I agree it was poor from Stones and Jags but at the end of the day it's his job to be the last line of defence. With regard to this goal, the shot isn't particularly hard, and it isn't in the corner, and if he stands 2/3 yards off his line instead of 6/7 then he saves the shot.

I appreciate you rate him and whatever but my opinion is that he costs us more points than he earns and that's not what I expect from a keeper.

I agree it was poor from Stones and Jags but at the end of the day it's his job to be the last line of defence. With regard to this goal, the shot isn't particularly hard, and it isn't in the corner, and if he stands 2/3 yards off his line instead of 6/7 then he saves the shot.

I appreciate you rate him and whatever but my opinion is that he costs us more points than he earns and that's not what I expect from a keeper.

You do realise that if he stands closer to his line there is more of the goal to aim at for a player don't you? Look at Cech yesterday for example, he gets caught out by a shot from outside the box down to his right while he's on the line. If he's further forward he's able to dive to his right and palm that away easily as would Howard have been able to without the deflection of Coleman stood 5 yards in front of him.

It wasn't his fault at all.

You do realise that if he stands closer to his line there is more of the goal to aim at for a player don't you? Look at Cech yesterday for example, he gets caught out by a shot from outside the box down to his right while he's on the line. If he's further forward he's able to dive to his right and palm that away easily as would Howard have been able to without the deflection of Coleman stood 5 yards in front of him.

It wasn't his fault at all.
I play as a keeper in real life, and I'm not tryna take the high ground or whatever but it's basic keeping skills that you stand 2/3 yards off your line for shots outside the box. You close down the angle for one on ones etc not shots from outside the box.

All standing further out does is mean you have less time to react to the pace and direction of the ball. Go back, watch the goal, and you'll realise if he's 3 yards further back he saves the shot because he's got more time to get down further to a ball he's not far off getting to.

Status
Not open for further replies.